Anyone running an Air Lift 1000 kit on the rear of a '07+ Denali??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ToddEdge

Reaction score
I tow a 6800# boat all summer long about 180 miles per weekend. The Denali tows it great but, I am tired of having the rear squat 3" lower than the front. I'd like to keep it level. I found that Air Lift sells a bag kit that is manually filled, when needed and manually deflated when not in use. This is exactly what I'm looking for.

Is anyone running this setup on their '07+ Denali? The instructions say you can't add this if you have auto-leveling system. I know I have air shocks that pump up when I get in the car but, know that they don't level the car when I have a load in it(full tank of gas, lots of people, trailer). I'm not sure if I truly have the self leveling system or this is simply adding air to the shocks so they can perform and not necessarily to "level" the truck.

Even if it is to level the truck, why could i not add bags and inflate to level when towing?

FWIW, the kit I'm lookign at is #60769

Thanks,
Todd

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We are looking to do the same, on both our Silverado and Yukon. The reviews on that kit are great. Sub'd.

Sent from a jelly bean.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have the auto-level system, but wanted to let you know Airlift 1000s work well. I installed mine in 2009 and they are still working great. Just make sure you keep at least 5 psi in the bags to keep them inflated and in place.

Good luck and hopefully you can use them.

D_R_C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This Airlift Load Controller II will always keep at least 5 psi in the airbags.
http://www.airliftcompany.com/shop/25592/
Shop around you can find it cheaper than the suggested price.
I had mine on my last Diesel for 4 years and the same controller ( I removed it when I traded in) and put it on my present Diesel in 2007. I ran Firestone airbags on both vehicles with the Airlift Controller II.
As far as adding airbags to a Denali with the factory so called leveling system I have never delt with that.
The air pump is small and slow airing up, so I always manual fill when I'm loaded before my trip.
I like this controler because of the cost and having the solinoid that maintains 5 psi.

Last edited:

D_R_C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tow a 6800# boat all summer long about 180 miles per weekend. The Denali tows it great but, I am tired of having the rear squat 3" lower than the front. I'd like to keep it level. I found that Air Lift sells a bag kit that is manually filled, when needed and manually deflated when not in use. This is exactly what I'm looking for.

Is anyone running this setup on their '07+ Denali? The instructions say you can't add this if you have auto-leveling system. I know I have air shocks that pump up when I get in the car but, know that they don't level the car when I have a load in it(full tank of gas, lots of people, trailer). I'm not sure if I truly have the self leveling system or this is simply adding air to the shocks so they can perform and not necessarily to "level" the truck.

Even if it is to level the truck, why could i not add bags and inflate to level when towing?

FWIW, the kit I'm lookign at is #60769

Thanks,
Todd

The air shocks is the self leveling system, so when you turn the key on and the shocks air up that is the so called "Self Leveling System".
As to why they say that kit will not work on a self leveling system, this would be a good ? to ask AirLift.
http://www.airliftcompany.com/shop/60769/

OP
OP
T

ToddEdge

Reaction score
On a boating website I frequent, some other Denali owners say that even with a 6800# boat and 600 pounds of tongue weight that the OEM air leveling should raise the rear to the same height as without the boat. Is that right? If so, I have a sensor or an air system that is not operating right and this is my problem...

Thanks,
Todd

D_R_C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This might be a good ? to ask GM, unless someone else chimes in.
I've only towed a empty UTV trailer one time with my Denali.
My HD truck pretty much does all the towing.
IMO, I doubt the air shocks would level out with that much tongue weight.
I would be curious as to why air bags won't work on these vehicles with the so called leveling system.

Last edited:

D_R_C

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo