Anyone recomend a h11 HID kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JBeezy

Reaction score
Subscribing!! Would you reccommend the 55 watt kit for a 2008 Yukon LT?

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can get 55w if you feel like blinding people, but the 35w raptor kit from ddmtuning.com is sufficient.

JBeezy

Reaction score
What bulb color would you reccommend? I would like the color that comes in most factory cars. If I order the kit from DDM Tuning which is $30, what else would I need to install this on here truck? I tried calling them yesterday and get the info first hand, but was put on hold for over 10 min each time

2 E L O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DDM Tuning does not have the best customer service in the world but their products are hard to beat for the price.

If you're using the stock headlight housings, stick with the 35W kit. You will blind people with 55W and the stock housings. If you want a color close to stock, get the 4500K or 5000K. The 35W kit with 5000K lamps will have a ton of output compared to the stock halogens.

DDM is a little shady with their products, I actually believe that their 4500K and 5000K lamps are the EXACT SAME...either way, for the price, we just have to deal with it......

JBeezy

Reaction score
10-4. No extra parts other than the kit, correct? No HID harness, error code eliminators, adapter cables and etc????

Last edited:

2 E L O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
10-4. No extra parts other than the kit, correct? No HID harness, error code eliminators, adapter cables and etc????
Some people have needed the relay harness, but I have mine installed without a harness. They're cheap and easy to install so it wouldn't be a bad idea to just get one and install it--good insurance.

Other than that, find a good place to mount the ballasts and the system is plug and play. :Handshake:

OP
OP
J

jlw

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ddm tuning???

I ordered 2 ddm tuning 35w raptor kits for both of my vehicles on 2-8-11 and they still havent shipped out! I called them today and they said the kits are on backorder and dont even have a estimated date on them. Has anyone else ordered from ddm lately?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019