Anyone know of a remote tuner who uses HP Tuner?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DesertRat

Reaction score
I'm looking for someone tune my truck using HP Tuner, know of someone in Vegas or AZ? Or remote?

I have the interface and credits for my vehicle, just looking for someone knowledgable to iron out my idle and dial in my tune. Car runs and I've been dialing in the VVE table, but it does not like to start when warmed up.

Engine is a LY6 w/ VVT physically disabled and a Truck Norris cam. From what I understand, getting an engine to idle with that cam can take some effort. Been unsuccessful doing it myself because I'm trying to get over the learning curve.

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should get on the HPTuners bulletin board... Sign up
With the cam change, you'll have to turn up your idle to 800 rpms
and add about 25% more base minimum airflow under the idle tab.
There are people on the board that do remote tuning... Not me... Yet anyway...

But there are things you can do to help out the idle and start up

Horsepowerguru

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
the Truck Norris Cam is close to the stage 2 torque cam that I run only you have a lot less LSA than me. Idle is Probly going to be the hardest to get dialed in with that kind of overlap. I have only tuned GEN 3 engines so far but if you need some help i might be helpful. If you wanted to send a tune file i can Probly get you running long enough to collect some data and move along with the process....

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC

Latest posts