Anyone install a Flowmaster Super 44 Muffler (Birthday Present to myself!)

What has the better Growl Flow Master or Borla?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bacin87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Birthday is next month and I want to get the deepest growl my 5.3 flex Fuel Tahoe can produce. I was told my best bet is the super 44 since the the super 10 is illegal on the street in California. Has anyone installed on on your truck the super 44 and how does it sound. I am open to suggestions if you have better options.

OneTwo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a single in, dual out Super 44 dumped under the bed of my '05 Silverado with the 5.3L. It sounded pretty good and was a bit louder than the Flowmaster 40 that was on there previously. As far as Flowmasters go, the Super 44 is probably your best bet.

I am now more of a Magnaflow fan, however. I put one on my 2000 Burb with the 6.0L and it sounds fantastic. Very deep, but it's a bit droney. I assume this is mostly due to the fact that it's dumped before the axle and would have less drone if it had tail pipes that were routed out the rear or side.

Get on YouTube and listen to some sound clips to figure out what you like.

OP
OP
bacin87

bacin87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a single in, dual out Super 44 dumped under the bed of my '05 Silverado with the 5.3L. It sounded pretty good and was a bit louder than the Flowmaster 40 that was on there previously. As far as Flowmasters go, the Super 44 is probably your best bet.

I am now more of a Magnaflow fan, however. I put one on my 2000 Burb with the 6.0L and it sounds fantastic. Very deep, but it's a bit droney. I assume this is mostly due to the fact that it's dumped before the axle and would have less drone if it had tail pipes that were routed out the rear or side.

Get on YouTube and listen to some sound clips to figure out what you like.

Flowmaster did a sound comparison on youtube thats where i got the idea. I just wanted my tahoe forum peoples opinion. I was quoted $300 to install one place and $400 at my regular spot. what did you pay?

NeverSatisfied

eBay Baller
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's probably not deeper then a super 44 but unlike the stainless steel fact and it does sound really good. Had one on my old 08. Paid 80 bucks for it on amazon. Took it to a local muffler shop and had then weld it on for 50 bucks. My current truck cost 170 and that's with me buy the muffler taking it to a shop and having them weld it on and weld on a dual exhaust tip I had from a previous truck

NeverSatisfied

eBay Baller
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like I just said it probably won't be as deep as the 44. Better performance tho

This video is what made me decide on the Borla

Also I only said Borla because it was one of the choices in the poll. I'm currently running a Carven muffler on my current truck

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redoak76

Latest posts