Anyone have the rear junction block they want to sell?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's supposed to be located in the jack storage area..
Curious about how it looks and interested in buying.
Should provide 2 x 50A circuits in the back. Thinking one would be nice to hookup an air compressor.

OP
OP
mikez71

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Sparks!
Any pictures of the front battery fuse block (On battery?)

That's what I'm really needing just a fuse holder.. Looking for something factory-ish.. but am leaning towards attaching it to the aux battery because it's more accessible.

OP
OP
mikez71

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's it! Thanks for the photos Sparks.

Haven't found that style of fuse holder anywhere.. Stock one has a single 175 fuse.
Going to try and make/hack something similar but on aux battery..

Last edited:
OP
OP
mikez71

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought one of these, they seem to cost about $30-$40

Similar thing but looks bulkier

They also have individual holders that can stack, and you can make a bus bar go across the feed side..
I didn't want individual covers, rather have one cover for all the fuses.. Depends on how many you want to add.

I am only planning on two for now.. Hoping I can cut part of the box away and mount it on the aux battery terminal stud. It's smaller than the main battery terminal stud I think, so if it doesn't fit well or seem strong enough, I might make a bracket from under battery tray to hold it up next to the battery..

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's it! Thanks for the photos Sparks.

Haven't found that style of fuse holder anywhere.. Stock one has a single 175 fuse.
Going to try and make/hack something similar but on aux battery..
All of the K2s have a terminal block on the positive. It should be an easy fit if you go that route.

AA2F3D76-7E9A-47E8-8A0A-10F2A18AF199.jpegB3104036-D5F0-4454-B46C-28A890D1B5D6.jpegA57A87E7-09CE-4948-9C1A-5C513E5BEC71.jpegFA6B7598-F9EF-43CD-B6F7-6B838BCA5989.jpeg

OP
OP
mikez71

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics sparks! The thing I don't like, it's larger than I need, and the fuses are all one piece, so not really configurable.

I think I have a bracket idea for the box I got. I will have to make a short battery cable to it, as it won't be mounted on the battery. I plan on adding an alternator cable anyhow. It seems to me that the charging route for the aux battery is rather long, going to main battery, to starter, to aux battery. Whereas both batteries ground straight to the motor. It sounds like you want the resistance to be the same to both batteries or you will get uneven charging. Being the alternator is closer to the aux battery, I think an extra wire there should hopefully even it out better. (Whatever I gotta tell myself right?) The box I have doesn't sit right on the battery (Would have to make a little buss bar connection with a jog in it for the height difference.. didn't like how my wires would be pointed, and the battery lug connection is kinda small to support it all.)

There was another GM box with battery terminal, but no battery cable. You would have to drill the end and solder slug attach the battery cable..

Last edited:

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics sparks! The thing I don't like, it's larger than I need, and the fuses are all one piece, so not really configurable.

I think I have a bracket idea for the box I got. I will have to make a short battery cable to it, as it won't be mounted on the battery. I plan on adding an alternator cable anyhow. It seems to me that the charging route for the aux battery is rather long, going to main battery, to starter, to aux battery. Whereas both batteries ground straight to the motor. It sounds like you want the resistance to be the same to both batteries or you will get uneven charging. Being the alternator is closer to the aux battery, I think an extra wire there should hopefully even it out better. (Whatever I gotta tell myself right?) The box I have doesn't sit right on the battery (Would have to make a little buss bar connection with a jog in it for the height difference.. didn't like how my wires would be pointed, and the battery lug connection is kinda small to support it all.)

There was another GM box with battery terminal, but no battery cable. You would have to drill the end and solder slug attach the battery cable..

That’s a nice find.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beat Ta hoes