Anyone have pictures of their blacked out rides?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vector

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I said I would not buy another black Sub because my 2001 was always a pain to maintain. However I got a good deal and bought another black sub, this time a 2007. The previous owner had already blacked out the bowtie's, and it looks pretty good. The tints are not limo, but just the next shade up, including the front strip on the windshield.
I was thinking of de-badging it and maybe going with some black rims. Who knows maybe some other mods as well.

So let me see what you guys have done to help inspire me.

osidesurfer365

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I said I would not buy another black Sub because my 2001 was always a pain to maintain. However I got a good deal and bought another black sub, this time a 2007. The previous owner had already blacked out the bowtie's, and it looks pretty good. The tints are not limo, but just the next shade up, including the front strip on the windshield.
I was thinking of de-badging it and maybe going with some black rims. Who knows maybe some other mods as well.

So let me see what you guys have done to help inspire me.

My album has some of the more recent mods I've done.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 68

mfdrookie516

Reaction score
I went to your photo album to see more pictures but you only have two prior to you doing any work. Any other pictures, both front and back?

Also do you have smoked headlights, as it looks like you may have a set of these on;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380588238123?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

`

Nope, factory headlights and tails. I plastidipped over the reflectors and tinted the tails.

I don't have any other pics of the front since I painted, but I have a few of the front when the grill and bowtie were just plastidipped.

E658D2FA-7FA6-4E30-A021-45E7A8D2192E-9945-000004050ADD9E8B_zps9a9bcc81.jpg

D629E228-EFC3-4176-B0AB-B70265A41FDD-9945-00000404FD880AF2_zpsbec3a7b4.jpg

F32B5CB8-7F30-4CF0-8259-24597D646ECB-3859-00000170FE3DE9C2_zpsc960add6.jpg

OP
OP
V

Vector

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Funny avatar, but get that kid a real beer. :Moon:

---------- Post added at 09:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 AM ----------

Nope, factory headlights and tails. I plastidipped over the reflectors and tinted the tails.

I don't have any other pics of the front since I painted, but I have a few of the front when the grill and bowtie were just plastidipped.

I have no idea what plastidipped is, but overall it looks really good.

The only thing that concerns me about tinting the OEM tails is visibility for the people behind me, especially during the day. Now the newer tails with super bright LED's seem to be the way to go visibility wise, as they are still bright even though they are smoked and/or blacked out.

mfdrookie516

Reaction score
Funny avatar, but get that kid a real beer. :Moon:

---------- Post added at 09:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 AM ----------

I have no idea what plastidipped is, but overall it looks really good.

The only thing that concerns me about tinting the OEM tails is visibility for the people behind me, especially during the day. Now the newer tails with super bright LED's seem to be the way to go visibility wise, as they are still bright even though they are smoked and/or blacked out.

They are a little darker than factory tails, but still very visible. At night, you can't tell a difference, except when backing up (a little harder to see, though the tint didn't really make it easy before). I sanded mine down a bit after I sprayed them, so when they light up, they aren't nearly as dark as you'd think by looking at them dark. They make a cover that you can take off, but they don't look as good IMO. Most likely, once the funding is available, I'll be getting a set of black smoked LED's and headlights.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz