Anyone got barn doors and can check something for me real quick?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
Will check once i'm off work, 45 mins.
Says it fits Blazer/Tahoe 92-99 so wouldn't think model year matters.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
That's the weather strip in the upper corner. Do you have a gap in that corner where the upper gasket meets the gasket going down the side? Or is it just metal exposed?20200430_185956.jpg 20200430_190032.jpg
Could just be flattened from age too, allowing water to get through.

OP
OP
dkknaebel

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
That's the weather strip in the upper corner. Do you have a gap in that corner where the upper gasket meets the gasket going down the side? Or is it just metal exposed?View attachment 246010 View attachment 246011
Could just be flattened from age too, allowing water to get through.
I have the flat piece that runs east west and then the surround a little lower. There is a flat metal edge about 1/2" long on either side of the east west piece. I wonder if cleaning the gasket and all the stuff we've done has left a gap that wasn't previously smooshed and now I got intrusion?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I have the flat piece that runs east west and then the surround a little lower. There is a flat metal edge about 1/2" long on either side of the east west piece. I wonder if cleaning the gasket and all the stuff we've done has left a gap that wasn't previously smooshed and now I got intrusion?
Gaskets loose their flexibility over time--they just go flat, letting air and water get through. Maybe you can put some thing under it to bring it up some--other just replace it and be done with it--looks cheap enough.

OP
OP
dkknaebel

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
Gaskets loose their flexibility over time--they just go flat, letting air and water get through. Maybe you can put some thing under it to bring it up some--other just replace it and be done with it--looks cheap enough.
Might just replace. Just need to figure out which pieces I need.

liquify33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you take a pic of the upper passenger side? Hate to be a pain but I want to figure out if I need that one corner piece, LMC shows one needed on the right side, against the body to the right of the long east west piece
Will do in the daylight

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak