Anybody in the north treat for rust?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:p just poke a small hole in your front and rear main seals. it will keep everything oil coated. jokes aside ive lived in ne pa for the majority of my life. stretch in ny, nj, se pa. anyway regularly cleaning the bad spots were dirt and grime will get trapped is your biggest help. its not just that crap they spray on the roads in winter that eat our trucks.

newburghyukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have what might be a stupid question. But here it goes anyway. Does the average local automated car wash really clean the undercarriage if you opt for the extra charge? I always felt like it was a rip-off like adding the hot wax or rain x options.

Reaction score
I oil all my vehicles. I use a low press high volume sprayer and spray 5W20 on eveything. After years of trial and error 5W20 works the best. I also try to keep dirt out of any areas where it can get trapped and hold moisture and salt residue. Been doing this for over 20 years and my stuff doesn't generally get rusty.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have what might be a stupid question. But here it goes anyway. Does the average local automated car wash really clean the undercarriage if you opt for the extra charge? I always felt like it was a rip-off like adding the hot wax or rain x options.
Not a stupid question but yes they do, but your best bet is get over to the self wash on 300 and 52 and get under there with the pressure washer and clean it up by hand. ;)

newburghyukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not a stupid question but yes they do, but your best bet is get over to the self wash on 300 and 52 and get under there with the pressure washer and clean it up by hand. ;)

Hah!! I know that spot well. Thanks for the reply! You may see me over there in a white Tahoe Z71 give me a honk!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn