(Any Year) Suspension SwapTahoe/Yukon Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Ok I am basically starting this thread for the sake of some of the users on here, including me.
Since lowering/lifting questions are a common place on here, I think everybody should post 2-5 pics of their car describing the drop/lift brand, any accessories like shocks that they used to make it better (if any) and, maybe the place it was purchased along with wheel and tire size.
Go in any numbered order you like, though its best to put the brand first.
Also try and describe how it rides.

Guess....I'll go first:

1. Pedders 2/3 Drop with front/rear coils and bumpstops.
2. Added McGaughys shock extenders and Energy Suspension 1" front sway bar end link and Used stock shocks.
3. Purchased from Pedders Merlin online website.
4. Running 275/55-20 Tires with no rubbing at all, rides better than stock except when on Rough roads, which may be caused by not changing shocks.

The rear fender lip sits 35.25" off the ground, and the front sits 34.25" off the ground on 3/4 tank of gas!
Pics:
GEDC0159.gif
GEDC0244.gif
GEDC0245.gif
GEDC0240.gif
GEDC0175.gif

Last edited:

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My pics are here: http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2657

Belltech 2.5" rear springs + machined 1" spacer = @ 1-3/8" rear drop (currently).

I can tweak this set up and go lower, but I'm living with this for a while first.

Stock shocks and wheels at the moment.

Ride is great. Don't notice any degradation in the ride. The rear seems to "feel/follow the road" more, but it's not a bad feeling. Feels more like a sports car than anything else.

Local shop got and installed everything for me, so no sure exactly where the springs/spacer were purchased...

/< / /2 /<

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ynamot