Any Way to Firm Up Steering Effort?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

krexken

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Still getting used to my '11 Yukon XL Denali and it still steers like my grandma's caddy. Takes too little effort to turn so it just doesn't have the feel I'd like it to have. Any known cures? Thanks

emay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my 07 escalade I underdrove the PS via pulley swap, also required serp belt. It firmed it up a bit but not anything like I wanted. I'm on my 3rd 07+ esky and had a number of Burbans since then and have not entertained the modification again. Just living with the over boosted feel which is common.

I'll try and dig for a link to the DIY I had used for this way back then. There were specific part numbers listed within from what I recall.

Clean07Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the light steering effort required in my Burb. Why would you want heavy steering in a luxury SUV?

OP
OP
K

krexken

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
In my 07 escalade I underdrove the PS via pulley swap, also required serp belt. It firmed it up a bit but not anything like I wanted. I'm on my 3rd 07+ esky and had a number of Burbans since then and have not entertained the modification again. Just living with the over boosted feel which is common.

I'll try and dig for a link to the DIY I had used for this way back then. There were specific part numbers listed within from what I recall.

Thanks for the help.

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

I like the light steering effort required in my Burb. Why would you want heavy steering in a luxury SUV?

Just cause. I don't want it necessarily heavy, just require some effort.

jetmech

Reaction score
do you have a power steering cooler? if not install one, if you do install a bigger one

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia