Any of you guys using a specific dog crate for your 2007-2014 Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

totalpackage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know i can measure and shop but would rather ask to see if you guys have a specific crate for a Shepherd size dog. Just looking to keep us all safe and it may help even contain all the hair. I do have the 3rd row seats folded up/ rarely use 1.
Thanks

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
Wish I could help, but my whole vehicle is one big dog crate.

Would a net above the second row seats suffice, or is your dog going to push through a cargo net?

For something even stronger I have used race car window nets to keep dogs in their own space in other vehicles.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My White Shepherds free range roam in my truck (with the 3rd row seats removed and the 2nd row seats rolled up forward), so no crates needed. I have a sub enclosure between the 2nd row seats, and one of my dogs spends much of his time sitting on the sub enclosure, looking out the front window over my right shoulder.

Sub-Woofer Enclosure - Small File.jpg

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
I have this little "pet seat cover" thing i got off of Amazon for about a buck (vipon thing) years ago.

In the hoe, i just have the 3rd row folded up.
That creates a nice wall if say just transporting one dog around and i don't want to be distracted.
That works good enough to keep the dog off of the back seats.

PITA Dog in question is a very busy/strong Hearding/Hoarding instinct
"Australian Shepherd and Border Collie" or "Border-Aussie"

If going long distance with both dogs, i use that pet seat cover thing as a barrier block and give the dogs more space to roam.
That works pretty good for the most part, but our cocker spaniel likes is an escape artist. :jester:
She also climbs ladders... lol