Any Good Headers for Newer Model Tahoes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2016YUKONSLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been looking for headers for my 16' 4x4 as well. Any group buys?

DenaliEd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, what do you know! I'm in California. Lol. No way in hell that I'm going to pay extra money for a Catalytic Converter just to gut it. Good thing is, there's always a way around this to make it pass smog here. Man, this info you provided is very good stuff. Thanks alot for sharing!
Unless you're gonna pay off the inspector, you'll want something with cats that has a CARB certification. There will be a sticker you affix under the hood.

OP
OP
Msalinas408

Msalinas408

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless you're gonna pay off the inspector, you'll want something with cats that has a CARB certification. There will be a sticker you affix under the hood.
Ed, you hit the nail right in the head there. There's a few guys I can take it to for it to pass smog.

2016YUKONSLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone checked out speed engineering headers? $400 for 1 7/8 with a y-pipe

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone checked out speed engineering headers? $400 for 1 7/8 with a y-pipe

That's a really cheap price, especially to include the Y-Pipe. Never heard of that brand got a link?

Seems common that whenever someone takes a gamble on an unknown brand of headers at a low price there is always questionable feedback on the welds and fitment/alignment issues during installation. Thin gauge steel and thin flange connections can be more subject to warping after many heat cycles at the temps exhausts experience (especially headers), which in the long run can lead to exhaust leaks and other problems.

I've only ever had personal experience with Kooks LT's and I had them installed on a previous daily driver for 97K miles with absolutely zero issues, fit great, it was literally a set it and forget it installation.

Just something to keep in mind.

2016YUKONSLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a really cheap price, especially to include the Y-Pipe. Never heard of that brand got a link?

Seems common that whenever someone takes a gamble on an unknown brand of headers at a low price there is always questionable feedback on the welds and fitment/alignment issues during installation. Thin gauge steel and thin flange connections can be more subject to warping after many heat cycles at the temps exhausts experience (especially headers), which in the long run can lead to exhaust leaks and other problems.

I've only ever had personal experience with Kooks LT's and I had them installed on a previous daily driver for 97K miles with absolutely zero issues, fit great, it was literally a set it and forget it installation.

Just something to keep in mind.

I had edelbrocks shorties on my 95 z28 before switching to FLP long tubes when I did a h/c swap. Went to install them and the didn't fit correctly. I sold the FLP's to a buddy, who installed them on his f-body and they fit good. I ended up buying ****** LT's, which fit great.

Speed engineering is a big sponsor on ls1tech

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like Dynatech also look good? Long tube with catted or non-catted y-pipe.

Now if only I could afford them! And the exhaust. And the supercharger. And the .....