Another Unicorn Spotted...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never seen or heard of one of these in CA. Anyone know if there weren't sold new in CA due to our Smog Nazis? I'd consider one of these IF they do not have the DoD that is an engine killer in the 07+ Tahoes and Suburbans. Did the 6.2 also have the DoD? Thanks

Don't know. Mine has California emissions and the only difference I've seen is the sticker. The L94s have AFM, the L92s and L9Hs do not. I've only found 4 of the 2010 Yukon XL SLTs with the L9H so far but many hundreds of the Tahoe in 2WD and 4WD and all are LTZ. Have also heard of Avalanches with them too.

14RamHemiSport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One tab in the browser has the main search results. Then I right click and open each car into its own tab and then, after opening a page's worth, go through them one at a time looking at the VINs, if supplied. AutoTrader apparently doesn't like this and kicks me out after a short while.

ah gotcha.

ford141

Reaction score
Autotrader makes it hard to search through each VIN. After so many pages, they block me from their website with a phony message saying the website is down. Cars.com and CarGurus is where I've been finding them.

Here's one:

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/772693509/overview/

79c717ce52ca635a074653faff46136f.jpg

So last week a buddy of mine told me he was looking to upgrade from his 04 Denali. He said he was looking at 07-14 Escalades, because he wanted a 6.2/6spd drivetrain, but didn't like the looks of the 07-14 Yukons. I said why not look for a Tahoe LTZ? He said that's what he really wanted but he couldn't get the 6.2. I informed him of the 09 LTZ 6.2 option and sent him the link to this truck. He got so excited he immediately applied for credit and made an appointment to look at it, which was around an hour from home. He talked to the salesman who swore up and down that this was the "cleanest tahoe that he had ever seen".

FF to Saturday, he got a ride to check it out and hopefully bring it home. He got to the lot before they opened (he was pretty excited), and took a quick walk around the truck. He immediately got right back in the car and came home without even waiting for the dealer to open. He said there was rust blowing through both quarter panels, the front bumper was falling off, and there was parts missing from the back seats. Apparently the dealer took some very appealing pics that exaggerate the condition and then aren't quite honest when questioned on the phone. He even specifically asked about rust (we are in PA) and the dealer said it was absolutely clean and spotless. I'd hate to see what the worst Tahoe is that he has seen.

Btw, my buddy ended up buying a Yukon Denali later in the day from another dealer. Not exactly what he wanted, but way cleaner than the Tahoe.

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like me, went to look at a Yukon XL 2500- a 2011. Taligate was missing a corner from rust.... and lots of rust everywhere else. Hard pass