Another power folding mirror question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The guys and gals who changed their dl8 mirrors to dl3 mirrors. Let's talk about window switches.

Did you replace your driver and passenger switch with ones from an escalade or another Tahoe, yukon, Silverado or Sierra with the power folding feature?

I switched my out with 2 different escalades and I can't get my front windows to roll down. Power folding works. Took it to 2 dealerships and they can't get em to work either.

I also noticed the illumination of the switches are different. Cadillac illuminates white and the Tahoe illuminates green.

Im wondering do I need to avoid the escalade switches.

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
recently ran into a similar issue between two similar models involving LED tail lights. I had to swap the SJB module along with the tail lights to get it to work. I am sure it could have been reprogrammed IF a dealership had a monkey that was technical enough to figure it out but I did not have the inclination (money) to mess with them. Trace the circuits on te wiring diagram back and see if it is controlled by the SJB and swap it from a donor vehicle and see what you get. Note: You need a donor vehicle that has the same features as yours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645