Another Header Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
W

Wagnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you refering to it not being a Y pipe? Where it's 2 pipes that go in to the muffler? Or is there something else different?

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, exactly that. What are your plans to connect a standard y pipe to the denali catback, or are you going to use a yukon style catback?

Pachanga02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the denali 6.0 engines do you have to purchase the y pipe along with the headers? I'd like to do headers and maybe a cam down the road on my girl.

OP
OP
W

Wagnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did away with the factory catback and had a local muffler shop put in a MagnaFlow. I'm not happy with it at all so I will probably just replace everything when I install the headers

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can buy the headers with or without the ypipe. For a denali either have a shop make you pipes that hook to the denali duals, or buy a yukon cat back and run that with the y pipe

OP
OP
W

Wagnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish there was a way I could get a X-pipe in there and turn the exhaust out before the rear wheels on both sides but the fuel tank is in the way. I'm trying to avoid your typical truck sound if that makes any sense. The popping/clapping sound. I thought it was because the pipes were so long but I moved my muffler right up to the transmission cross member and have the outlet coming out under the running board. It still sounds the same but a tad louder.

Rosson03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have speed engineering so does ezdaar. Both of us have had no problems with them. You won't need 1 7/8 primaries unless you have some serious boost.

I have a pretty large cam and no problems at all getting the air out.

what model number do you have and do you have wifi as well with them I am very interested

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bison1

Latest posts