Amp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mmeachem

Reaction score
How hard is it to install and amp what's a good brand cause I wanna get kicker components in the front and back

S.L.A.B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Focal is the best of the best IMO(might even be a fact;D). look at the focal solid4 (4ch) or the focal solid2 (2ch) amps. check out these componets before you buy a kicker set up(dont do that btw) focal 165a1. I heard these bad boys at a local auto shop and they will make kicker,alpine,bose...u name it; look like ******* lmfao!! kicker makes good subs but i would just leave my bose in before i buy a kicker, alpine, ect..

Last edited:

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd put our QS up against the Focals anyday. We sell about 100 to 1 against Focal's.

Michael, look at the small IX500.4 4 channel amp.

OP
OP
mmeachem

mmeachem

Reaction score
I'm no good with stuff like this is there a how to or can you explain it

blueflamed

S.L.A.B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can put alot of watts through those kicker QS but crispness id think so...IMO. and with the price of those focals you realy cant beat it. That amp is "ok" but i rather go with an AB class instead of a D class. the D classes distort more and dont give that crispness(Alot of D class amps are used for subs). But dont take my word for it heres the facts from the best ;D
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-xm0EoU6VqDA/learn/learningcenter/car/amplifiers_glossary.html
i hope this helps

Last edited:

abladeafficionado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sounds as if you work for Kicker, judging by "our QS" in your post.

IMO, Kicker makes great amps, the Warhorse was obnoxious but awesome, you can't help but love 10K RMS, the L7 is a decent sub, and they make good comps for those willing to spend some money on the Kicker name. That being said...

Kicker targets the mainstream market, and has to advertise to do so. A lot of what you pay for when buying Kicker is name, not that they aren't quality, but their price is inflated because of the name. That goes for nearly all of the mainstream brands, Alpine, Rockford Fosgate, Kenwood, etc...

I actually don't like the lowest end Focal comps, I think the Morel Maximo is one of the best budget comp sets out there for SQL, the Boston S60s are nice also but the tweets on the Maximos are better IMO. The 3/4" silk dome tweets Boston likes to use are tinny from my experience with them in my last car.

Sir-Lancelot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What a missed opportunity for you. With those special ears you could have taken Richard Clark's $10,000.

:sleepy10:

Last edited:

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
and yes, I do work for Kicker. We did side by side listening test against many brands, and many employees, and our rep force blindly chose the QS over Focal and many others, but everyone has different taste.

To me, class d's are fine and even on full range, we make tham that way like the Alpine units.

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

It sounds as if you work for Kicker, judging by "our QS" in your post.

IMO, Kicker makes great amps, the Warhorse was obnoxious but awesome, you can't help but love 10K RMS, the L7 is a decent sub, and they make good comps for those willing to spend some money on the Kicker name. That being said...

Kicker targets the mainstream market, and has to advertise to do so. A lot of what you pay for when buying Kicker is name, not that they aren't quality, but their price is inflated because of the name. That goes for nearly all of the mainstream brands, Alpine, Rockford Fosgate, Kenwood, etc...

I actually don't like the lowest end Focal comps, I think the Morel Maximo is one of the best budget comp sets out there for SQL, the Boston S60s are nice also but the tweets on the Maximos are better IMO. The 3/4" silk dome tweets Boston likes to use are tinny from my experience with them in my last car.
Well also need to add, larger manufactures like Kicker, RF, Alpine, etc also pay for an R&D staff, tooling, etc, that smaller companies can walk into a build house and say i want "this amp" and this name...and boom, has no tooling cost associated with it.
larger companies paved the way where many smaller companies breed from now. if you can buy direct from a small internet company, fine, but there are many that come and go over a 3-5 year span, or flat go under. Not saying the product is bad, because sometimes its just a larger manufactures copy, but they dont have the financial means to remain open, like a larger company.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Richard A