American Dash to Canadian

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

floater

Reaction score
My new to me 98 Tahoe came from Florida and as such still has the American Dash Cluster. Since my trip meter isn't working and the gas gauge is fluttering I found four clusters at the wreckers with similair mileage in KMs that would fit. Is it as easy as just swapping them out? Will I affect some computer security tripy kind of thingy some where that will disable my motor? Where does the dash get it's info for Speed? Is it the VSS or does it still have a cable? Thanks

OP
OP
F

floater

Reaction score
I replace the dash cluster with the one I had from my 96 Yukon and it works just fine. Have to fine tune the location of the feul and voltage needles and the oil pressure needle as well but all looks good.

dmhscorpio

Reaction score
I have done a couple of these. (US cluster to Canadian) 15 minute job. No issues were encountered.
It may not fix the fuel gauge though. I have 2 1999 tahoe 2 doors, and have changed a couple of clusters. They all have the fuel needle flutter. There are threads on the internet on how to fix this, but I am too lazy...

jbuck07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm having the same dilema, just the opposite tho. I have a canadian tahoe but im in the states. It hasnt really bothered me but good info in case i want to make the swap later...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14