Ambient light install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyboy23

JUST QUE DOGGING!!!!
Reaction score
Anybody here ever did or know somebody that had an ambient light install done and replace the lights on the gauges and instrument panel?

rodwar254

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the ambient light, are you talking about like how the BMWs do on the roof and the door panels? Just asking because i was looking into get something like this done as well...

rodwar254

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they have a few write ups on here, on how to add led lights under the dash and under the front seats...ill see if i can find the link...

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have thought about this for my Escalade and one thing I think would be cool is to add a small single LED to the inside of the interior door handle area, on the top, like seen in almost all cars with factory ambient lighting. Then do the front footwells and under the front seats. But then that leaves the third row area in question...

secfogecko

Reaction score
My brother in law has a Lexus that has lit cup holders and an led on the ceiling by the dome lights that shines down toward his shifter

OP
OP
chevyboy23

chevyboy23

JUST QUE DOGGING!!!!
Reaction score
Zachary that's exactly what I was going for. Front footwell, rear and probably one int he sidewall in the far rear. Door handles and the little gap between the radio and cup holder area. Work in progress as usual.

Mussin

Reaction score
My Old Acadia had a single amber led light that shined on the cupholder/shifter. It was really nice, I wiish my Tahoe had one.

gibbygsxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have added these in all my cars. Adds a nice touch inside. I went with white and you can tap onto the dimmer wire right in the harness already there.

Attachments

• 20140130_152544.jpg
    20140130_152544.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 111

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700