Am I doing this right?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

royaltee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2016 Tahoe PPV 2WD Z56

Ordered Belltech 25004 struts and Belltech 2412ff shocks, GM 22826292 front coils, GM 23154237 rear coils.

My goal is to soften the ride and maintain PPV stance.

Last edited:

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They might be softer than the PPV stuff, but those 2412FF shocks are pretty firm. I'm showing those rear coils to be for a ZW7-equipped vehicle. This is the "smooth ride" package, but it won't be lowered like the PPV is.

Those front coils look to be for a "regular" Tahoe, so you'll lose your PPV drop with those. But you can get it back with the struts. The Belltech struts can lower it within a 2" range in 1/4" increments. They ride pretty good but have more of a sporty feel when it comes to fast cycles, like sharp bumps.

So, with those parts, you can keep the PPV stance and possibly soften the ride in the front. But the rear will be lifted to stock Tahoe height and likely more firm.

Do you still have the PPV wheel and tire setup?

OP
OP
royaltee

royaltee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
They might be softer than the PPV stuff, but those 2412FF shocks are pretty firm. I'm showing those rear coils to be for a ZW7-equipped vehicle. This is the "smooth ride" package, but it won't be lowered like the PPV is.

Those front coils look to be for a "regular" Tahoe, so you'll lose your PPV drop with those. But you can get it back with the struts. The Belltech struts can lower it within a 2" range in 1/4" increments. They ride pretty good but have more of a sporty feel when it comes to fast cycles, like sharp bumps.

So, with those parts, you can keep the PPV stance and possibly soften the ride in the front. But the rear will be lifted to stock Tahoe height and likely more firm.

Do you still have the PPV wheel and tire setup?
Crap...BellTech suggested this setup (25004 and 2412ff) to soften the ride. I'm gonna keep the stock springs in the front and rear and see how it rides. Yes, I'm keeping the PPV wheels and tires. For now anyway. Should have everything installed this weekend. I'll post some before and after pics and hopefully some good news on ride quality.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crap...BellTech suggested this setup (25004 and 2412ff) to soften the ride. I'm gonna keep the stock springs in the front and rear and see how it rides. Yes, I'm keeping the PPV wheels and tires. For now anyway. Should have everything installed this weekend. I'll post some before and after pics and hopefully some good news on ride quality.

They may actually ride softer than the stock PPV stuff. I know the PPV has a firm ride, but I've never personally experienced it to know how firm. I did experience the 2412FF shocks for about 10 miles in my Tahoe. I think different tires and shocks would make the most difference in ride quality. Good luck and I'm looking forward to the results!

OP
OP
royaltee

royaltee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
They may actually ride softer than the stock PPV stuff. I know the PPV has a firm ride, but I've never personally experienced it to know how firm. I did experience the 2412FF shocks for about 10 miles in my Tahoe. I think different tires and shocks would make the most difference in ride quality. Good luck and I'm looking forward to the results!
Well, I'll take some tire suggestions. Had a blow out yesterday, so tires are now moved up on the to do list.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019

Latest posts