ALL our trucks are the SAME

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
every truck is the same except for mine. cause im so cool I add my own difference to anything I drive.

BlackDenali

Roof Rack ****
Reaction score
That glass roof would be sick. If I were going to go all out on a show truck, I'd put the hinge for the tailgate at the bottom and get a rollpan. Then motorize it to become a ramp for a slammed and color matched superbike. The seats would be removed of course and i'd bag it like MOBmentality's truck to lay frame. Roll up, drop the bags, lower the gate and your blowing minds. Maybe some day.

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd put the hinge for the tailgate at the bottom and get a rollpan. Then motorize it to become a ramp for a slammed and color matched superbike. The seats would be removed of course and i'd bag it like MOBmentality's truck to lay frame. Roll up, drop the bags, lower the gate and your blowing minds..

WOOOOWWWWW sick idea.. you would have to lower the floor level to get it to fit but siiick

(ps big hdtvs... my stereo dude and i decided we are gonna do a 42inch visio in the back glass when i get back from mexico if it will fit!)

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
yo mob. Bestbuy has a great LCD HD tv made by RCA 40" for 500 bucks. I Have one outside by the pool and it rivals my samsung LED tv's for picture quality. It has a 10000:1 contrast ratio, Provision is the brand, but its made by RCA. My dad has a 15 year old RCA rear projector that works great in his basement.

YNOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
every truck is the same except for mine. cause im so cool I add my own difference to anything I drive.
i work with a guy like that. :laughing1:

---------- Post added at 07:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 AM ----------

Seriously...If we painted all of our trucks the same color..lets say ALL of us paint our trucks black..or white... 92% of them would look the EXACT SAME...we wouldnt be able to tell them apart...
its even worse for me, i have a pewter one. i wanted red but they were hard to find.

i'd like to two-tone my pewter so i don't look like every other pewter chevy on the road.

MikeTheApeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yo mob. Bestbuy has a great LCD HD tv made by RCA 40" for 500 bucks. I Have one outside by the pool and it rivals my samsung LED tv's for picture quality. It has a 10000:1 contrast ratio, Provision is the brand, but its made by RCA. My dad has a 15 year old RCA rear projector that works great in his basement.
If you mean Proscan, that USED to be RCA's top brand (kinda like Premier is Pioneer's high end), but RCA sold the name to an investors group a while ago, so they are no longer made by RCA. From what I read on AVS Forums before getting my Samsung, the Proscan brand is on par with Vizio now, but Proscan's customer service is crap.

Back on topic, I do kind of agree that a lot of the modding I've seen here is common place. I went through my "gotta do another mod" phase on my Jeep, not really feeling it on the Tahoe. I'm not a very creative guy when it comes to things like fancy fabrication and the like. I'm more about function over form, but won't just duct tape something in place and call it a night. My mod ideas have been more about the interior. The one I'm probably going to start on next is to fab a panel for the little cubby in the center console to hold an extra cig outlet, a USB charging port (my phones use USB connections for chargers), and a few small switches for interior LED Aux lights (like cup holders, footwells, cubby) and aux backup lighting. Maybe throw an outlet from an inverter there if I have room.

Would I love to do mods to the extent of JK and MOB? Sure, who wouldn't. My problem is I'm too much of a perfectionist. Hell, this little panel plan has gone through about 4 revisions on paper already, and this is just a little piece of plexi!

BlackDenali

Roof Rack ****
Reaction score
PS Samsung LED LCD owns all retail tvs. Check out the sony OLEV flexible screen. Imagine a window with it off that is clear that you can turn on. TV's in your tint!!!!!!!! hows that for original. A few years out still but it's getting there.

Grocery Getter

A guy with a truck.
Reaction score
thats ANOTHER thing I thought of out of my own imagination..*never seen it before*...opposite of Gullwing Doors...I think that'd be nifty!

but still...the rolling lounge would be extremely kool..and not everyone and there grandmas niece would have one

also...mounting a projector to the lift gate... back up to a building, and throw on some Transformers are your local Wal-Mart! :D

Watch a few episodes of pimp my ride fella'.... they do cheesy crap like that all the time. For me and my truck, less it more that's the reason for all the deletes and shaving. I am so down for the full rag top but that has been done a hundred times over and it's still dope. Why would I want a lounge in my truck? IMO that is gay, if I want fools to lounge somewhere and drink I'll go to a bar and a projector....dude, so you can back up to a wall and play a movie......come on. Go to a lowrider show if you want to see a car turned into a jigsaw puzzle, everything you con come up with has been done. The reason the mods common here are so common is because they are realistic and affordable and you don't turn your whip into a $100k Chevy SUV. If I am going to drop another $20-$40K on mods I'll just buck up and buy a high performance vehicle to boot. I get it and to each their own and if your doing shows it's a another story all together but all that cheesy shit on a daily driver is pretty *** IMO.

Again, just my .02 who the F am I?

---------- Post added at 06:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 AM ----------

I've had this idea for a while, just haven't really looked into it. Shouldn't be too much work. I mentioned the idea to BOSS while we were working on his a/v system.

There's so much that can be done if you have imagination.
Rear doors that slide back like minivans, motorized.
Open the liftgate and a flat panel HDTV folds down via actuators. Perfect for tailgating parties.
Weld the rear doors, remove the rear door and side windows, cut and install longer glass on each side (kinda like a two door 'hoe, or weld in some sheetmetal to resemble an old school panel truck), then run a bench seat along one side and flat-panel across from it.

See, that's why you're the man JK....THOSE are tight ideas and go with the less is more ideal...... except for the actuating TV's, I am soooo not into excessive TV's in automobiles but that's me.

I am doing something a little different with my roll pan to avoid ticket, not because it's cool. In CA and CO(I travel to both often) roll pans on passenger vehicles(not pickups) are illegal, you gave to have a bumper( a barrier mounted to the frame that puts 3'' between another car and the vehicle. So.... I am having some guys mount some 1'' tubing or a sliding bracket to the frame and mount the roll pan to some tubing/bracket that will fit inside the tubing/bracket on the frame so I can slide the roll pan out 3-4'' when I travel and not get a rear bumper ticket. If I was ballin' I'd have them put an actuator in the mix so I could hit a switch and extend the roll pan but I'm not ballin' so some bolts and a manual adjust will have to do......

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am doing something a little different with my roll pan to avoid ticket, not because it's cool. In CA and CO(I travel to both often) roll pans on passenger vehicles(not pickups) are illegal, you gave to have a bumper( a barrier mounted to the frame that puts 3'' between another car and the vehicle. So.... I am having some guys mount some 1'' tubing or a sliding bracket to the frame and mount the roll pan to some tubing/bracket that will fit inside the tubing/bracket on the frame so I can slide the roll pan out 3-4'' when I travel and not get a rear bumper ticket. If I was ballin' I'd have them put an actuator in the mix so I could hit a switch and extend the roll pan but I'm not ballin' so some bolts and a manual adjust will have to do......

thats a sick idea and a cool way to avoid a ticket.. and actuator to make it work wouldnt actually be that expensive.. and would def be worth it.

When i get back from mex our yuke is gonna lose daily driver status and we might pack the windows full of out facing tvs for the purpose of playing videos and commercials representing our clothes so the truck can actually fill a need. Hence the idea for the 42inch.. which btw im sure will be a visio or something im NOT buying a damn led for OTHER people to watch BEHIND my truck .. lol.

---------- Post added at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

thanks for the heads up rt ill look into that one....

Doing an actuator (roll pan) vs manual should make about a $250 price difference.. maybe less.. VERY worth it

Sam Hamm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have red wheels...thats a little different haha.

i seriously want to put suicides on my back doors and just move the handles to the inside like an old lincold but i cant find a kit for my truck anywhere. ive asked around and never come back with anything.

and im converting the stock esky headlights to tsx projectors and putting a little bit of red in there. thats not to different but will make it stand out a little more.

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

15961.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim2014