all on dome light mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This might be a dumb question but how do I know which is positive and which is negative?

Also, where do I connect a 12v to for the dome lights?

I have a 05 and just followed the picture taht was posted a few up and soldered my diodes in the same way and works great. No problems. Think they may be all the same, 01 to 06. Mine were as picture.

Nbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick questions, does anybody know where to get the housings to have lights in the rear doors? Also, where do they wire up to?

OP
OP
mazdawg(Mikey)

mazdawg(Mikey)

HGIC(head ginger in charge)
Reaction score
Quick questions, does anybody know where to get the housings to have lights in the rear doors? Also, where do they wire up to?

I picked my lights up at my local junkyard. They are lights out of the front doors of a silver ado. I wired mine to the lights under my dash

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I picked my lights up at my local junkyard. They are lights out of the front doors of a silver ado. I wired mine to the lights under my dash

did they fit. I got some out of a older tahoe rear w/ door lights and they do not exactly fit in the doors. But i got one in, but...

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not on mine. The rear light i got did not smoothly go in the rear doors. Its shapped diff. I had to push it in w/ force to get it in and crack a little of the door panel so it would.

Just wondered.

Mondo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i installed led bulbs in my dome lights but i wanted to be greedy and have them all come on when the doors opened so heres what we come up with. pretty much its the same procedure as doing a 4hi or 6hi headlight setup. on the backside of the dome light assembly i jumped from the 12v side of the center bulb over to the 12v side of the side bulbs with diodes in line so no back feeding. the bulb mounts have spots where you can force a screw into it to make contact. the side bulbs still function like normal when the individual buttons are pressed but when the doors are opened, all 3 bulbs come on. i did this to both dome lights and i love it! heres the only pic i have. cant really post a pic of the light on because its so dang bright it screws with the camera.

2012-11-13153510.jpg

Mikey I private messaged you. Please help

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667