Airbox top off with K&N Filter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kope

Reaction score
i wouldn't remove the top of the air box because then the filter will be drawing in hot air from the engine bay instead of pulling the air in thru the fender well.....so the little restriction relieved would most likely be lost from the hotter air.

OP
OP
k gee

k gee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i wouldn't remove the top of the air box because then the filter will be drawing in hot air from the engine bay instead of pulling the air in thru the fender well.....so the little restriction relieved would most likely be lost from the hotter air.

Good point, didn't think about that. How about removing or "swiss cheesing" the bottom to get cooler air through fender well? We do this on the B Body Chevys.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep your air box closed so it gets the most out of the cold air from the fender.

718frankb

LOCAL 282 TEAMSTERS
Reaction score
Did you notice any difference? I wouldn't think so being as everyone is saying that theres no difference taking it completely off, but thougt I would ask?!

Thanks

with the k&n plus the cut out in the lid made it a little louder and it seemed to pull a little better on the highway wide open throttle

Chrislovessushi

Murderedish
Reaction score
green monster, got mine at lows in the plumbing section by all the pvc pipe fittings. I got a 2" cap and slit each side for it to open wider, then secured it with a hose clamp.

Last edited:
OP
OP
k gee

k gee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hockey Puck mod....for B Body cars. Too big for the Tahoe I think.

We put a puck in place of a piece we take out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilFresco