Air conditioning problems...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

not_panda

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So, on my lunch break at work today, in the 90+ degree weather, my a/c cut out on me. I have the dual climate up front, along with the separate system in the rear, and rear seats. No matter which position the dial is on, nothing comes out of the vents in the front, but air still comes out in both rear sections. When I had the windows down, I can hear the compressor running, but nothing comes through the front vents, neither hot nor cold air. My truck is a 2004 yukon sle. I've had a similar issue before, but everything operated normally after starting the truck again. This time, I did not have such luck.... Any insight/ help would be greatly appreciated.

SlowD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the blower motor resistor and blower motor, also check fuses. More than likely it's the resistor. Hope this helps!

skbishop90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure you have power AND ground to the blower motor. Check the blower motor resister the same way.

OP
OP
not_panda

not_panda

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update: The front defrosters still work, but nothing comes out of the vents on the dashboard, or at the feet.

Thanks for the input. Unfortunately, it's been raining all day, so I haven't been able to take a look at it. I'll try to update once I've figured out the problem

SlowD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahh yes if you have air out of those vents then first check the blend door actuator.

OP
OP
not_panda

not_panda

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good News! AC and heat are now working. First checked fuses, they were fine, so I went to Advanced Auto, and picked up a new blower motor resistor. Swapped them out, and everything is working fine. Took me 20 minutes or so. Thanks for all the input and help.

CM Burns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, on my lunch break at work today, in the 90+ degree weather, my a/c cut out on me. I have the dual climate up front, along with the separate system in the rear, and rear seats. No matter which position the dial is on, nothing comes out of the vents in the front, but air still comes out in both rear sections. When I had the windows down, I can hear the compressor running, but nothing comes through the front vents, neither hot nor cold air. My truck is a 2004 yukon sle. I've had a similar issue before, but everything operated normally after starting the truck again. This time, I did not have such luck.... Any insight/ help would be greatly appreciated.

I just had the same thing. Full AC ice cold from all the rear air but my AC up front was either at 50% or 5%, I took it in and it was the blower motor. One thing that it is still doing, is that when I crank it down low or cank it up high, it takes about 5 seconds response time to whatever I do to it.

Also, every once in a blue moon I'll be riding down the road and my AC will just shut off. I turn the AC on/off again and it's fine I told my mechanic and he mentioned something about it possibly being the resistor, that needs to be replaced...
Is the resistor easy to get to/replace?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harpo123