Aggressive Exhaust Anyone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nvedamuthu

Reaction score
I hate the exhaust note of the Hybrids, so wimpy compared to the 6.2s. Has anyone modified their hybrid exhaust system? I was going to get an intake, not sure whether that helps tho.

B.G.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cut the rear resonator off.. It adds a little rumble. Not quite the 6.2 but a lot better than stock. You can opt to have a tip welded on or do a turndown. No drone and sounds good if you ask me!

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Do the straight exuast. Keep the cat and chop off the muffler and put pipe where the muffler is. The muffler is the problem when it comes to the exuast sound

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do the straight exuast. Keep the cat and chop off the muffler and put pipe where the muffler is. The muffler is the problem when it comes to the exuast sound

i would highly recommend not doing that on a Hybrid. remove the resonator as described above, then work it out from there.

OP
OP
nvedamuthu

nvedamuthu

Reaction score
My car was designed for the spare tire so it doesn't have a huge resonator. Is the small round thing at the back the resonator?

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Y did u get the hybrid? Good deal or it was just there at the dealer and you said eh y not? And yea it might be a better idea to get a magnaflow. Do they make em for the hybrid? Cherry bomb? High flow cats? Thats all I got for ideas on the hybrid.

Reaction score
I'm subscribing to this thread in hopes someone finds something.

I'm used to my vette with open headers so the stock hyhoe sounds terrible.

Plus i think it would sound cool to be sitting in traffic with no sound then all of a sudden a nice rumble as you take off.

You'd think flowmaster mufflers?, headers?,......something!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rddixon