Aftermarket Skid Plate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fasteddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey does anyone make a metal skid plate for for an 03 Tahoe?
I've looked and looked and there are a few but all designed for their lift kit.

The aftermarket is so kind to these vehicles like $14 Mirrors, $50 calipers, $75 high end Bilstein shocks, etc. I can't believe I can't find a nice metal skid plate.

OP
OP
fasteddy

fasteddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the mean time until I find something...
I Raptor coated the stock plastic one (LOL), red
Darn thing sucked up nearly a whole spray can
We'll see how tough that coating is.....cuz this piece takes a lot of rocks

IMG_3011.JPG
IMG_3019.JPG
IMG_3020.JPG

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SUGGESTION: Find a high school or college metal shop and have them fabricate you one, based on your existing, red one.

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for one too now. Getting PROUD of myself. I managed to do some trails and hit the aluminum one underneath a few times now. Not too worried about it, but that plastic POS on front isn't going to last haha I had idea to bend a piece of metal and try to do it myself but probably easier just to buy? Did you ever find one?

I have a 2001 Tahoe 4wd

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the oem z71 skid plates are metal and fit all 00-06 nbs and the nnbs z71 skid plates fit all 07-14 (to protect the front diff), no oem type metal ones for the front splash guard, there is a guy in san diego that makes a metal splash guard/skid plate for the nnbs he sells from his shop and on ebay http://rodlouvers.com/ it's not listed on his website but just give him a call, as for nbs you would have to ask him about one or if he could make one.
also the chevy colorado oem transfer case skid plate fits all 00-20 nbs/nnbs/k2xx (fitment is the same from 00-20), those run about $40 online (last time I checked anyway)
I bought mine off of ebay.
if you poke around the junkyard much you can find the oem z71 skid plates sometimes or if you look on ebay used ones are usually around $60 or so.
i hope that came out clear
00-06 z71 skid plate metal -for front diff
07-14 z71 skid plate metal -for front diff
colorado transfer case skid plate metal-fits all 00-20
07-14 splash guard-metal skid plate (see rod louver)
00-06 splash guard-metal * ask rod louver about it.
15-20 z71 skid plate (for front diff) can be found in either plastic or metal -either way fits all

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
! Sorry I didn't reply sooner. Seems my forum notifications are no longer working.

AWESOME help, I will sort through everything and see if I can get the front splash guard in metal. The oil pan one from factory is awesome as well as diff one. I am going to see if any of your suggestions do anything for the transmission as well.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
! Sorry I didn't reply sooner. Seems my forum notifications are no longer working.

AWESOME help, I will sort through everything and see if I can get the front splash guard in metal. The oil pan one from factory is awesome as well as diff one. I am going to see if any of your suggestions do anything for the transmission as well.
there is only one for the transfer case, transmission sits up higher so unless you got high centered on a rock or stump then you should be fine, these trucks are fine for off road, I have seen and ridden in Subaru's with barely any clearance go thru stuff you would not believe, seen a stock oem Volkswagen rabbit go thru 4 feet of snow without any trouble, lol however it was being driven by a eskimo haha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep