Aftermarket roof rack and RTT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr Sophistication

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I want to take advantage of Memorial day sales going on right now. Sale prices expire on the 25th. Looking to purchase a new roof rack system and roof top tent for my 2019 Tahoe LS. The tent I'm considering is the Yakima Skyrise HD (small). It requires a roof/rack with a dynamic weight rating of 165lbs. Looks like the Yakima aftermarket bars can support the 165lbs. What about the roof and stock side rails on the Tahoe?

Any recommendations on an aftermarket roof rack? I'm leaning towards Yakima because the tent is a Yakima. Ideally I want everything to look as low profile as possible.

I'm considering getting the Yakima LockNload tray but not sure I really need it.

Anyone ever mount a RTT on their Tahoe? Any issues? Any tent recommendations? I would love to look at some pics. Post some up if you feel like it.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Short_Haul

Reaction score
Curious to hear about that too... considering aftermarket rack. Have a RTT that I use on my Tacoma but would be cool to be able to use it on the Denali too.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do not, just saw the post in the vendor section of the forum.

Most do not browse those areas...I saw it right before seeing this post.

mrpeterclark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m interested in the rack but not interested in installing it. Removing the roof liner is not something I’m prepared for, do you do installations?
We don't do many installs, but I can recommend some shops around here that do. Where are you located?

TomK9er

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We don't do many installs, but I can recommend some shops around here that do. Where are you located?
I’m in Northern California, near Stockton.

I should add, I don’t mind making a road trip if you’re the guys doing the install.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe