Aftermarket Install Options - Video Play

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I currently own an NNBS which was EXTREMELY limited in audio functionality when it came to playing videos through USB. Ended up upgrading HU to allow full functionality. As I think of the next truck to go for, I like the new Tahoes/Yukons of this generation but worry the same applies. Through my very little research, I see the 2016 had a new HU which plays videos but still limited where you cant select what you want to play?

I know my generation had some type of device that opens this all up with OEM but was as costly as an aftermarket HU. I wonder if getting something like that for this generation would allow full functionality or do people just upgrade HU to aftermarket? I dont see many of these installs on here for this generation. Can anyone chime in on their limits with this generation HU?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cannot speak to how to change the stock entertainment system settings, but if you like your current year truck, I would recommend changing out the entire system to an aftermarket system with the features that you want, and then mounting the appropriate USB connection into one of the two existing receptacles on the front dash panel.

OP
OP
M

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cannot speak to how to change the stock entertainment system settings, but if you like your current year truck, I would recommend changing out the entire system to an aftermarket system with the features that you want, and then mounting the appropriate USB connection into one of the two existing receptacles on the front dash panel.

Couldnt find anyone that did aftermarket on the 2015+ generation. Not sure how it would look or how complicated things would get. But since android auto/apple carplay are becoming standard and ability to watch youtube on carstream is becoming more popular, hoping the current stock setup on this generation has the ability with small tweaks or an adapter to buy. But still researching the aftermarket success on this generation.