Aftermarket Brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07NALI

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an 07 Denali. What are the options and what does everyone recommend?
I know about Wilwood but dont want to spend 5 grand on brakes. Thanks

They'll be sitting behind 22"s

Last edited:

06xl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can do the front for 2500 (wilwood) an keep stock rear or upgrade rotors and pads.Thats what these helpful fellas advised me to do:) (if you dont have 5k to blow)but if your not running aftermarket rims 22,24 and dont plan on towing I would stay stock just change to drilled/slotted or slotted rotors an go with a good pad green stuff,yellow stuff, stop tech tow,haul...also stop tech has a kit drilled/slotted rotors all 4 and (8) pads for around 320.00 on autoanything.com an you can change the lines to stainless steel I think that would give you a noticeable difference but won't hurt your pockets.

Last edited:

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can do the front for 2500 (wilwood) an keep stock rear or upgrade rotors and pads.Thats what these helpful fellas advised me to do:) (if you dont have 5k to blow)but if your not running aftermarket rims 22,24 and dont plan on towing I would stay stock just change to drilled/slotted or slotted rotors an go with a good pad green stuff,yellow stuff, stop tech tow,haul...also stop tech has a kit drilled/slotted rotors all 4 and (8) pads for around 320.00 on autoanything.com an you can change the lines to stainless steel I think that would give you a noticeable difference but won't hurt your pockets.

^^this guy knows his stuff.

Sent from my BlackBerry 8530 using Tapatalk

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I honestly cannot figure out why everyone thinks you need a big brake kit if you run 22"+ wheels. I run 24's and tow and have not had an issue as well as many others I know. I will agree that they will probably wear out faster but many things can factor into that.

OP
OP

07NALI

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I honestly cannot figure out why everyone thinks you need a big brake kit if you run 22"+ wheels. I run 24's and tow and have not had an issue as well as many others I know. I will agree that they will probably wear out faster but many things can factor into that.

Im doing it more for looks honestly, although the performance is definitely a huge plus.

**Waiting for the paint your calipers comment :gayflag:

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score

Because a lot of people just don't know what they are talking about and think anything above 22s weigh 1000 pounds. My black 26s with tires weigh in at 110 pounds. A whole 15 pounds more than stock. The difference in braking is so small that I barely notice it.
Spending $1500+ on big brake kits that probably cost more than the cheap wheels that are put on these SUVs so much makes no sense at all.....
Not like the SUV is supercharged or anything.

Last edited:

badblu97

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just picked up an 08 LTZ Hoe, but to get her, I sold an 07 LT Silverado Crew. I had 24's and towed fairly regularly. The truck had 52k on the clock, and around 50 of those on the big wheels. Just before I sold it, I put cross drilled and slotted rotors and ceramic pads, mostly for looks. I did not notice a difference, but when I took the stock pads off, they had about 50% pad left. Heres a pic of the wheels with the new brakes behind them, and the new LTZ!!

Attachments

• IMAG0568.jpg
    IMAG0568.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 37
  • IMAG0569.jpg
    IMAG0569.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

06xl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because a lot of people just don't know what they are talking about and think anything above 22s weigh 1000 pounds. My black 26s with tires weigh in at 110 pounds. A whole 15 pounds more than stock. The difference in braking is so small that I barely notice it.
Spending $1500+ on big brake kits that probably cost more than the cheap wheels that are put on these SUVs so much makes no sense at all.....

I've noticeable horrible/scary brake fade with fresh stock set-up on factory rims plenty of times and don't add a 400lbs (empty) open trailer =not a fun ride in my xl .so there is reason for bigger brakes in my situation especially when I'm carrying precious cargo.plus 16 inch rotors and a huge ass caliper sitting behind 22,24,26 looks hard as shit Vs a 12inch rotor looks like someone did a half ass job IMO .go hard or go home

Last edited:

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score

:word:

I've noticeable horrible/scary brake fade with fresh stock set-up on factory rims plenty of times and don't add a 400lbs (empty) open trailer =not a fun ride in my xl .so there is reason for bigger brakes in my situation especially when I'm carrying precious cargo.plus 16 inch rotors and a huge ass caliper sitting behind 22,24,26 looks hard as shit Vs a 12inch rotor looks like someone did a half ass job IMO .go hard or go home

I will agree to the statement that they look better but can't not to it being a half ass job. In that logic then towing anything where the back end sags is unsafe and half ass. If you noticed brake fade on a new stock setup on factory rims then you have other problems with your brakes then needing larger brakes. Also since the 07+ have larger factory brakes then previous gens then anything not 07+ is not safe to tow or run a wheel larger then 16" wheel. Like I said before I will totally agree that they do look better but the logic that you need them is sadly flawed,

06xl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:word:

I will agree to the statement that they look better but can't not to it being a half ass job. In that logic then towing anything where the back end sags is unsafe and half ass. If you noticed brake fade on a new stock setup on factory rims then you have other problems with your brakes then needing larger brakes. Also since the 07+ have larger factory brakes then previous gens then anything not 07+ is not safe to tow or run a wheel larger then 16" wheel. Like I said before I will totally agree that they do look better but the logic that you need them is sadly flawed,

To each his own bro.. I'm not satisfied with the factory set-up at all neither is the wife an with 5 kids in the rear I did whats best for mine as far as the OP I just put out suggestion to his ?and I'm not saying that you can't tow or run large wheels on a NBS at all I just don't like how MINE feels with larger wheels and a trailer in tow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scokat