Aftermarket backup camera on applique with or w/out OEM cutout

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slow5.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a deal. Im about to repaint lift gate on my Tahoe. I will use Yukon applique since i like it better, and im about to order one. Also down the road ill install aftermarker nav with aftermarket back up camera. My Tahoe didnt come with one. So shoult i get applique that have cutout for OEM backup camera or one without cutout

Polaris425

Reaction score
if you're going to get the camera down the road, it seems like you would want to go ahead and get the one that's cutout for it.

OP
OP
Slow5.0

Slow5.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah but looks like aftermarket cameras have different mounting points than OEM camera. Thats why maybe better get applique without cutout and than cut/drill out holes for aftermarket one. I may be wrong but thats what i think ?

OP
OP
Slow5.0

Slow5.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any pics of mounting bracket of those back up cameras that goes on applique. I tried search for some and most of them dont have pics of bracket, just camera

Polaris425

Reaction score
I have a wireless camera that works w/ my aftermarket Garmin GPS. I have it mounted on the bumper just above the receiver hitch. I'll take some pics at lunch.

vt_hokie2008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Late on this, but unless you plan on getting the OEM camera, get the one without the cutout. My aftermarket one mounts with screws to the bottom of the applique

Dave k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you talking about mounting a aftermarket camera like this?IMG_0807.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greygranny