Adding XM to factory HU

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scottcooper

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 07 Yukon w/ bose, 6 disc cd changer, and on star. I would like to add XM to the factory HU and need to know what parts I need to get. I have called a couple of local GM dealers and they were clueless. Their solution was to buy a separate unit the sticks to the dash and plug it in the AUX port on the front....not gonna happen. I'm just trying to install XM like it was from the factory. Any help would be appreciated. :)

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dont XM SUCKS! Sound quality, content, COST!(OMG).

Get a ipod and the PAC adapter. Visit every friend with your laptop and burn every CD you can get your grubbie hands on. Fill that ipod up to its max, then sit back on random song, and you will be mutch happier than kaka XM.
Trust me, I "had" XM for no more than 3 weeks before saying F this! and got my PAC.
Just glad I was able to get a 3 month Trial before dumping $$$'s into XM!

OP
OP
S

scottcooper

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply but I have had SatRadio in all my cars for years...mainly for sports and ESPN. Does anyone else have any ideas for the parts that I'll need?

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Your Yukon didn't come with XM hardware? That's really surprising seeing as it has Bose and the 6-disc changer and all. Are you sure it's just not activated?

OP
OP
S

scottcooper

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm sure. When I hit the band button on the HU all I get is AM and FM. I checked behind the glove box to see of the XM box is there and it is not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokin Denali

Latest posts