Adding a USB control to a factory radio (04 Yukon)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BubsXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like to retain the factory headunit in my 04 Yukon XL and I am curious if anybody has gotten anything like the Kenwood KOS-V500 or the like to work? My Yukon has Bose and Onstar. Would it be possible to tap into the XM input into the receiver to add something like this?

I know I should just replace the whole thing but I like the factory look and I am getting the gas face from my wife with replacing the radio. I have some decent car audio experience (both my other cars have been completely rewired and have amps running all speakers, one has full sound deadening too) so if it takes a little creative wiring I am fine doing that I just don't want to buy one and not be able to get it to do anything.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

BubsXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I forgot to add this is to add a USB control for a thumb drive and not an Ipod. I know there are plenty of options to add an Ipod but I am looking for something I can control a thumb drive with.