adding a DIC to a 2013 Tahoe SSV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, their number seem to change often. The parts guy can look up that number and see what supersedes it.
It was the brushed metal with the DIC cut out.

That's the one I am looking for, may I ask what you paid for it?

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm that's a different number than I am seeing (GM 15923338, with the DIC opening,) .. I am getting confused now.

The one you have is also the one with the opening for the switches I assume?

the part apparently is also known as: GM 25807745

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spanky said:
I ordered mine through gm. The dash trim is #20935584 and the DIC switch is #15947841

Hmmm that's a different number than I am seeing (GM 15923338, with the DIC opening,) .. I am getting confused now.

The one you have is also the one with the opening for the switches I assume?

Just double checking here real quick, a GM dealer I spoke to says he doesn't know it the GM part #20935584 has the DIC opening or not, BUT if he orders me that exact part number, it should be the brushed stainless with DIC opening, right?

Ron

CobraKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Ron C #20935584 has the 'DIC hole'.

My '14 truck has #20935586 (no cut-out) in it so you do not want that part.

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
parts, trim and switch, are on their way. I assume it is a good idea to disconnect the battery's negative, for connecting the harness to the switch? (or is the harness not powered when the car is off?)

CobraKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should not throw any CEL but if you have a TECH2 scanner and look at that particular component then you may see a fault.

Other than that it's a simple plug and play, hardest part might be getting the old trim off!

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should not throw any CEL but if you have a TECH2 scanner and look at that particular component then you may see a fault.

Other than that it's a simple plug and play, hardest part might be getting the old trim off!

I think I know what a scanner is, but no idea what a CEL is. (and I guess .. it doesn't harm to disconnect the battery *lol*)

CobraKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Ron C CEL - Check Engine Light. You can disconnect the battery for piece of mind.

Lightning 95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered the switch and trim panel from my local dealer, and I'll find out tomorrow if it has the hole, or not. It was $25 for the switch, and $148 for the trim.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20

Latest posts