Adding a Content Theft Deterrent System to 2018 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve Walker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm looking at aftermarket alarms for a 2018 Tahoe Premier. I see that it comes with an "alarm system" but the vehicle does not have the "Content Theft Deterrent" option.

Before I go any further

1. What alarm/theft deterrent features are included already ?
2. What does the CTD add ?
3. Is adding the CTD better than adding an aftermarket alarm? (I assume that a dealer can add the OEM CTD - or is that wrong)

By playing with the build & price configurator on the chevy website it appears that adding the CTD removes the overhead sunglass holder, so I assume some kind of sensor fits in its place.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that type of system (ctd) would have to be a added motion or sound activated sensor, which is fine..but if the existing system is triggered do you get a text or message of some sort? if not then using a aftermarket system may be more beneficial. I added a viper system with gps, 4g, smartstart and various sensors. So if my alarm is triggered I get a text message and email and the viper phone application sends a tone, my two way fob also sounds off if it is within range which is up to 1 mile in ideal conditions. I have options to make it do other things since it has a external trigger like roll the windows up or down whatever you can think of.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645