Add Vanity Front Plate or Not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SSE Dad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Recently bought a new 2023 Z71 Tahoe. In the past I've always had a front tag with my favorite sports team, etc. but not sure I want to drill into the bumper on this one. Has anyone found another way to mount or have thoughts on adding the front tag in general? Pictures would be great if anyone is willing to share. Would love to see what some look like with a vanity tag added.

A10MileHusker

Reaction score
Ugh..yes, please do not drill. I ordered my Yukon and told the dealer NOT to install the front plate and they did. So I had to remove the front plate and add color matched plugs. Still annoys me everytime I see it.

Get a No Drill License Plate holder. https://www.slybrackets.com/

Reaction score
Just place it on the passenger side dash behind the windshield. That's what everyone around here does, which looks worse than mounting it where it's supposed to be :oops:

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is one of those ridiculous arguments IMO. As if not having a front plate makes it look so amazing or something. They look exactly the same with or without it, like a big brick on wheels full of crying kids going to soccer practice. Mine came without it installed and I PAID another dealer to install it the next week

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It like getting a tattoo….once you have it, hard to fix if you regret it…
No Thanks….

Onlyone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha, alright good to know, drilling into the front = sacrilege. I will hold off.
Lol. I don’t care either way. It’s just fun to watch some of these peeps meltdown when someone does things to their own truck. :p I say **** ‘em. It’s your truck. Drill if you want to.

Silverado4x4

Reaction score
Recently bought a new 2023 Z71 Tahoe. In the past I've always had a front tag with my favorite sports team, etc. but not sure I want to drill into the bumper on this one. Has anyone found another way to mount or have thoughts on adding the front tag in general? Pictures would be great if anyone is willing to share. Would love to see what some look like with a vanity tag added.
You could away get some 3M exterior trim 2 sided tape and stick it on that way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts