Adaptive Cruse Control not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Power_Dr

Reaction score
I just picked up a 2019 Yukon SLT. I believe that it has adaptive cruse control, it has the button on the steering wheel next to the cruse resume button that shows two cars crashing. When I have the cruse on and push that button the dash shows the two cars crashing and you can set the distance, but the truck never slows down when I come up on another car. I have read about it and it shows that when the cruse is on and the adaptive cruse is set there should be a green car right above the cruse symbol, but I don't have that I only have the cruse symbol that looks like a speedometer. I read somewhere that says you can switch the adaptive cruse on by pressing the cruse cancel button for a few seconds, but that didn't work for me. Every once and a while I get a green car near the cruse symbol and once it went yellow but the truck didn't slow down.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
some people hate the adaptive cruise, your best resource at the moment is going to be the owners manual, if you do not have the owners manual it is free online from the gm website in .pdf
just go to google and search "2019 yukon online owners manual" it should be the first result. there is a section in it that explains the adaptive cruise how it works, settings, etc.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
unless I am mistaken adaptive cruise should be the default each time and then you can switch it to regular cruise if you have that option available.

OP
OP
P

Power_Dr

Reaction score
I just read through the owners manual. I have the button on the steering wheel that sets the following distance, but the cruse control on symbol does not have the car on it. Could it be that I have the following distance button but not have adaptive cruse control?

I am not sure I would even like it if it did work. I ACC in our Honda Accord and I don't like it, it slows down way too much and doesn't get back up to speed very fast at all.

I just wanted to see how it worked in the Yukon. Maybe I don't have that feature.

Thanks,

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just read through the owners manual. I have the button on the steering wheel that sets the following distance, but the cruse control on symbol does not have the car on it. Could it be that I have the following distance button but not have adaptive cruse control?

I am not sure I would even like it if it did work. I ACC in our Honda Accord and I don't like it, it slows down way too much and doesn't get back up to speed very fast at all.

I just wanted to see how it worked in the Yukon. Maybe I don't have that feature.

Thanks,
Post a picture of the buttons you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sspearsau

Reaction score

Thanks,

I know the exact button you are referring to. I was in the same boat. I thought I had ACC, but in fact it was just the crash detector. No ACC on my car. I have also only seen the crash detection engage once, and I have tested it out a few times. Wouldn't put much confidence in that feature, either.

OP
OP
P

Power_Dr

Reaction score
I know the exact button you are referring to. I was in the same boat. I thought I had ACC, but in fact it was just the crash detector. No ACC on my car. I have also only seen the crash detection engage once, and I have tested it out a few times. Wouldn't put much confidence in that feature, either.

Yes that is exactly what I have. I thought that button meant that I had ACC. But that is just the crash detector. I sent for my RPO's and I do not have ACC.

Thanks for all the help!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts