Actually selling it.....Pulled

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

balln2k11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, thank you for the clarification. Sorry, when I read the $33k asking price I was like wow, he’s asking $24k over dealer retail high KBB

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The dealer high retail or KBB does not allow for all the components and parts that have been replaced/updated. This is as close to a new 2005 as you can get, unless you find a garage queen someplace but that would still likely need work. Refer to my list in this post and my build thread. It says "Or Best Offer" for a reason. Plus, even the dealer that was working on a used rig to put on a lot, would likely not use the best of the best parts like I did.

If you want a turn key rig that you can take anywhere and not have to do ANY work to, repair wise, for years to come, then this is that rig.

balln2k11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the enthusiasm and pride of your rig. As someone who buys many Tahoes/Yukons projects and dumps thousands in parts, upgrades, and repairs and sells them. I aim to make 0%-20% ROI after driving them for a few years. If I break even after a few years, I’m excited.

CACF4D53-146E-47A6-91F6-240E952ED125.jpeg

So put yourself in the shoes of a buyer. Pay $28k for your 18 year old Tahoe with 150k miles (original engine and trans), or this 2015 Escalade with 116k miles that can be negotiated down to your same asking price. I also think this Escalade has about 180 more HP and gets 5 MPG better fuel and turns heads when driving.

Your asking about $20k too much with all the work you did.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
None of the used rigs you deal with have been gone through like mine has. Tell me I am wrong. I get your point and respect that, I do. But I disagree and that is why mine says Or Best Offer. I don't see that phrase anywhere on your ad. I am the one who knows what is in this rig and how dependable it will be. The buyer has to buy in to that and be looking for the more comfortable of the two rigs we are talking about. Mine is way more comfortable for sure. The engine and transmission on mine is also capable of 300k miles or more. That averages out to $186 for every 1000 miles of dependability at the full asking price. That price goes down with a negotiated better price for the buyer. I know what I have and anyone that has read my build thread knows what I have and only they can see the value, if they choose to.

It would be like renting a completely dependable vehicle for $186 a month for the next 150k miles. That is cheap.

balln2k11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put hundreds of hours in recon in my trucks. I count the labor as free and only factor in the parts.

I will end by saying this. If you can get more than $8k for your ride, put all that profit in the lottery, because your the luckiest person I know.

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
None of the used rigs you deal with have been gone through like mine has. Tell me I am wrong. I get your point and respect that, I do. But I disagree and that is why mine says Or Best Offer. I don't see that phrase anywhere on your ad. I am the one who knows what is in this rig and how dependable it will be. The buyer has to buy in to that and be looking for the more comfortable of the two rigs we are talking about. Mine is way more comfortable for sure. The engine and transmission on mine is also capable of 300k miles or more. That averages out to $186 for every 1000 miles of dependability at the full asking price. That price goes down with a negotiated better price for the buyer. I know what I have and anyone that has read my build thread knows what I have and only they can see the value, if they choose to.

It would be like renting a completely dependable vehicle for $186 a month for the next 150k miles. That is cheap.
I don't care how much your truck has been gone through. It could have a brand new crate motor (which it doesn't), a brand new transmission (which it doesn't) with a 100k warranty along with a pristine interior and zero rust... you still are not gonna get anything close to $20-$30k for that thing. You literally must be smoking crack or something, no offense but it's offensive for you to ask $33k or even $28k like you are. You're lucky if you get anything over $8k, maybe $10k-12k if you're VERY lucky and find the perfect buyer. Best of luck to you though, let us know how this works out for you.

Edlee321

Reaction score
I love the confidence of the seller, reminds me of the younger of version of myself, "fake it till you make it" in its full glory here.

This is a $4-6k truck, anything more than that is a gift.

mattt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My .02 from my sector of the country, Socal. In Socal this would be a $$low teen's rig and would probably sell for that much. If I saw something like this for $4-6 I would buy it in an instant, drive it a while and then flip it for an easy double the money. I think the value of this Tahoe is extremely market location sensitive.

With a new Tahoe selling for ~$70k, I don't get the bashing from un-interested parties who are not buyers. Rising tides raise all ships. This is the LAST generation of Tahoe that was ultra-reliable and not bogged down with a bunch of technology bullsheet that keeps you wedded to the dealership and praying your warranty covers the repair costs. Looking at all the engine problems on current '21+ rigs and even 07+ with the DoD and AFM bullsheet.

I have seen a few of this gen, GMT800 Tahoe, Denali, Escalade sell for big money on BringATrailer.com auctions and they have continually surprised me at their final sell price, but maybe OrVietVet is just ahead of the curve and sees what is coming ahead. You might give BringATrailer a try and see what the market will pay for this very clean, last of the best GMT800 Tahoes.

Good luck with the sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I don't care how much your truck has been gone through. It could have a brand new crate motor (which it doesn't), a brand new transmission (which it doesn't) with a 100k warranty along with a pristine interior and zero rust... you still are not gonna get anything close to $20-$30k for that thing. You literally must be smoking crack or something, no offense but it's offensive for you to ask $33k or even $28k like you are. You're lucky if you get anything over $8k, maybe $10k-12k if you're VERY lucky and find the perfect buyer. Best of luck to you though, let us know how this works out for you.

@balln2k11: you can tell me how crazy I am and how I don't have a chance in hell and how I would be lucky to get $10k to $12k for the rig but one thing I never ever will put up with is telling me I "literally must be smoking crack or something". As a Vietnam Vet, I will not even accept that phrase in jest. You can say "no offense" but you have already been offensive. Do not do it again, please...

I have thick skin and you can call me all kinds of things, including late for dinner, but being tied to a scourge of drugs that is killing the US of A along with all the other crap going on, well I got to draw the line somewhere. Thank you for understanding..

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
By the way, do ANY of the complainers know what the phrase "Or Best Offer" means? I mean, C'MON MAN ! If you say it isn't worth the at least $28k and say is worth way less, then make an offer but just like I did justify why I am asking what I am asking, with pictures, posts in the Under Construction Build Thread and complete documentation of the quality parts and the typed out parts list from me, you also have to justify your thoughts about why I am "bat shit crazy". Just saying it is not a justification. Anyone can do that. Make your best offer and justify that offer. Back up why you think you know what that rig is worth, better than I do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter

Latest posts