Actual hp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, how'd you get 25+ mpg? CA has really crappy gas for power. Do you use premium unleaded? Although our trucks are meant for regular, I've always wondered if the ecu is programmed to adjust for premium.

OP
OP
Decrow

Decrow

Reaction score
Hi Green Machine,
Just saw this, sorry for the delay in answering. I was able to maintain a constant speed (in HOV lane) between 65-70, rpms were lower and I was in V4 mode longer. I use regular unleaded. I have averaged 23mpg on a round trip to S.F. up the 5 fwy and back, this is with going through the Cajon Pass both ways. Speed are higher on this route (min is 70), coming back to LA is slightly down hill on the 5, so you don't have to push as ******* the go pedal.

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Usually manufacters advertise accurate Brake Horse power but most people dont knowo the difference in Brake HP and HP brake horse power is typically when the engine is dynotested at the crank with no ac installed in a sense it is the true HP

Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah, that makes more sense to me, Decrow. I think I'd be able to get 25 mpg if i kept the truck at 65-70 mph. When I drive up to San Jose, I drive a little faster but usually keep it just under 80 mph. Seems like that is the upper limit where I can still get the truck into V4 mode from time to time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia