AC stopped blowing cold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jv310

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all,
Currently dealing with an issue my 2005 tahoe z71 front AC stopped blowing cold. Heater works rear blows cold and hot but front stopped blowing cold. Air comes out just not cold and heater like I mentioned works when switch to hot. Replaced the blend door actuator with no luck. Any help guys will be appreciated

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
Currently dealing with an issue my 2005 tahoe z71 front AC stopped blowing cold. Heater works rear blows cold and hot but front stopped blowing cold. Air comes out just not cold and heater like I mentioned works when switch to hot. Replaced the blend door actuator with no luck. Any help guys will be appreciated
Which actuator? There are 4 up front. Mode Door, Recirculate and Driver and Passenger Temperature control. For the most part, there are but two part numbers used up front depending on which type of AC controls the vehicle has.

OP
OP
J

Jv310

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Which actuator? There are 4 up front. Mode Door, Recirculate and Driver and Passenger Temperature control. For the most part, there are but two part numbers used up front depending on which type of AC controls the vehicle has.
The one that is located right below the glove box close to where the third screw is for the lower plastic that covers the blower

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Like what @swathdiver said. There are 4 of them. Please tell me you got a Genuine GM actuator and not a cheap ass Dorman.

Front actuators are: 3 of the 89018365 and 1 of the 89018374

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The one that is located right below the glove box close to where the third screw is for the lower plastic that covers the blower
That is the driver's side temperature actuator. You probably need the mode actuator which is in the driver's footwell. To know for sure what's up with it, it's best to put a bi-directional scan tool that can read BCM codes on it, like the Tech-2. No more guessing then. Same tool can perform proper recalibration. Who do you know with a Tech-2 or Snap-On Solus?
Got it from Autozone. It's a duralast brand
Haven't heard good or bad about those, these trucks don't take kindly to aftermarket parts for the most part.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Angelo217