AC Performance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UmmScott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I jumped that plugView attachment 229756
Clutch still didn't turn on. The ac light on the button is on steady, doesn't flash. Ac belt is still on too. I haven't had a chance to clean the condensor--although it's less then 2 yrs old.
View attachment 229754
K. You jumped that plug but the clutch still didnt come on?

You need a meter to diagnose properly further.
I would unplug the compressor clutch and check to see if 12V are present at the clutch connector.
If you have 12V at the clutch connector and the AC light is on, then your clutch is bad.

If you do not have 12V at the clutch connector then there is another problem that needs addressed. If there is a critical hard fault or DTC in the PCM , it may not allow AC operation as well

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
K. You jumped that plug but the clutch still didnt come on?

You need a meter to diagnose properly further.
I would unplug the compressor clutch and check to see if 12V are present at the clutch connector.
If you have 12V at the clutch connector and the AC light is on, then your clutch is bad.

If you do not have 12V at the clutch connector then there is another problem that needs addressed. If there is a critical hard fault or DTC in the PCM , it may not allow AC operation as well

I know it doesn't mean anything, but it's a brand new compressor.

UmmScott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know it doesn't mean anything, but it's a brand new compressor.
I gotcha man.

So, it being new, we still need to confirm that there is 12 volts at the compressor clutch connector.
You gotta know this before going further otherwise it's a crapshoot

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I gotcha man.

So, it being new, we still need to confirm that there is 12 volts at the compressor clutch connector.
You gotta know this before going further otherwise it's a crapshoot

Just unplug it, turn it on at the head unit and test the plug for pwr?

UmmScott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just unplug it, turn it on at the head unit and test the plug for pwr?
Exactly.
Unplug right at the compressor, start car, turn ac on at head unit and check for 12+volts right there at the connector to the compressor. Careful of the fan and drive belt!

Also, dont stuff the meter leads into the connector, just touch the terminals. You dont want to spread them which could cause a bad connection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667