AC control module button lights stay on….no cooling.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jazzman_q

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here’s my 2003 Tahoe problem. The lights on the module for both the recirculating and ac buttons stay on. I heard there was a reseat procedure of holding both buttons in for 5-8 seconds, and that hasn’t helped.

I can t seem to find anything on this issue, but i extremely doubt that I’m the only one to experience This issue.

The fan blows from all settings o the selector dial, but I don’t hear/see any sort of compressor engagement.

It’s been hotter than ****, and I think the devil has relocated to Maryland, so I could really use some insight, because 480 ac isnt working.

Thanks in advance.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put some gauges on the refrigerant lines and see if its low on refrigerant. There is a low pressure cutoff switch that prevents compressor from engaging if the pressure is too low. This prevents the compressor from getting destroyed if most or all of the refrigerant has leaked out along with the lube oil that just so happens to lube the compressor.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Same thing happened with my 03. Both lights were on, but no cold air and the compressor wasn't engaging. Turned out my ac evaporator had a leak and needed to be replaced. Works ok now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts