AC blows just cold air

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

foreigner

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all

I'm the new guy, i guess. First of all: Please excuse my bad english (my nickname stands for itself :), but i hope, that I'll find some help here.

My 2005 Tahoe's AC blows just cold air (driver, passenger, rear) no matter what I do. I've read many Threads here (and in the "other Internet :) ) and thought that it might be a faulty actuator, so what I did:

-did the "reset"-thing (take fuse out, recalibrate AC and so on... ->still cold
-replaced the blend door actuator ->still cold
-did the "reset/calibration" after the actuator change again ->still cold

What makes me wonder is:
When I perform the recalibration (fuse out/in) -now, the actuator is replaced- the AC is cycling through all "modes" of the AC as you know...and THERE it's getting warm but just for the moment during the calibration. (?!)

My Climate Control (it's an Auto) seems to work, at least there is no "temperature hopping", when I push the Dials. Or is it possible that the Control is broken?

I would be very grateful, if I would find some advise what this problem could be and how to solve it.

Thanks for your time and have a nice day :)

Last edited:

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sure am confused. Your AC blows just cold air? Thats what it is suppose to do. You state your "Climate control (auto) seems to work"? But the rest seems to say that you have no heat? What does your temp become out of the vents (Hot, cold, warm) when you set the temp on the control head for say 80 deg? What is the temp in your area approximately when you are testing?
You may have damaged the actuator, incorrectly installed it or even replaced the wrong one thinking it was the blend door. What was the area of the one you replaced? Did the matchmark lines line up and did you align your blend door to the actuator matchmarks. It is possible that your system was originally so far out of cal that when you put the new actuator in at zero position but blend door was in a negtative or positive position which could damage the actuator or cause the system to be lost or never achieve target position one way or the other.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

I was confused too and read it twice to be sure I did not miss something. Let's see, a/c's job, blow cold air, CHECK!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I'm the new guy, i guess. First of all: Please excuse my bad english (my nickname stands for itself :), but i hope, that I'll find some help here.

My 2005 Tahoe's AC blows just cold air (driver, passenger, rear) no matter what I do. I've read many Threads here (and in the "other Internet :) ) and thought that it might be a faulty actuator, so what I did:

-did the "reset"-thing (take fuse out, recalibrate AC and so on... ->still cold
-replaced the blend door actuator ->still cold
-did the "reset/calibration" after the actuator change again ->still cold

What makes me wonder is:
When I perform the recalibration (fuse out/in) -now, the actuator is replaced- the AC is cycling through all "modes" of the AC as you know...and THERE it's getting warm but just for the moment during the calibration. (?!)

My Climate Control (it's an Auto) seems to work, at least there is no "temperature hopping", when I push the Dials. Or is it possible that the Control is broken?

I would be very grateful, if I would find some advise what this problem could be and how to solve it.

Thanks for your time and have a nice day :)
There are four actuators up front. One for the driver and passenger. The mode actuator which controls which setting and is accessed from the driver's footwell. Finally, there's the recirculate actuator, which allows fresh air in or not.

You really need a Tech-2 to work on this, you should be able to get one and it can see and test your actuators and show you the internal trouble codes.

OP
OP
F

foreigner

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
please excuse my late "reaction":)
thanks for your answers, rockola & swathdiver! mo vietvet, making fun of someone who's not speaking your language, trying to get some help and share nothing help-/useful: great job

in the meantime: i put the actuator (again) out and in and got warm air (again) during the calibration. that made me confident, that the actuator is working as it should, so it had to be sth else. because i don't have a tech2, i tried to figure out which parts could be the reason for the heater (?) not to heat and the...

SOLUTION: a defective inside air sensor. i gave it a try and ordered part #22834330 (acdelco) from the us, installed it and all works fine now. problem solved, not afraid of the winter anymore :)

again: thanks for your help, rockola & swathdiver - appreciate it

Last edited:

Brandon2489

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm glad you got the issue fixed. I do not think MO Vietvet was making fun of you. Just wanted to clarify that. I believe he was just confused on the issue you were having.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
please excuse my late "reaction":)
thanks for your answers, rockola & swathdiver! mo vietvet, making fun of someone who's not speaking your language, trying to get some help and share nothing help-/useful: great job

in the meantime: i put the actuator (again) out and in and got warm air (again) during the calibration. that made me confident, that the actuator is working as it should, so it had to be sth else. because i don't have a tech2, i tried to figure out which parts could be the reason for the heater (?) not to heat and the...

SOLUTION: a defective inside air sensor. i gave it a try and ordered part #22834330 (acdelco) from the us, installed it and all works fine now. problem solved, not afraid of the winter anymore :)

again: thanks for your help, rockola & swathdiver - appreciate it
Sometimes my humor is just too dry for some people. I get it. Sorry you felt that way.

OP
OP
F

foreigner

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think I am a man of humour as well and after some nights of sleep (and a working heater in the tahoe ): I guess i was a little bit too sensitive. Don't wanted to offend you, Mo. Sorry too and I hope I am still welcome here :)

so long

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I think I am a man of humour as well and after some nights of sleep (and a working heater in the tahoe ): I guess i was a little bit too sensitive. Don't wanted to offend you, Mo. Sorry too and I hope I am still welcome here :)

so long
Absolutely no problem here at all. My humor can be so dry that it's context gets lost and then schit happens. No problem here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan