Ac Belt Tensioner Pulley

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DirtDigler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all, my AC tensioner pulley recently seized and I'm having trouble trying to find the right part. Even AC Delco site only shows idler pulley. I dont need the tensioner, just the pulley. Also, most searches say it's for the 5.3 1500. Same exact engine, right? Any help is much appreciated.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if the pulley broke your ac compressor is likely failing. my old truck i busted two or three belts, the pulley, then the tensioner broke, only after spending close to 100 bucks in the parts cannon did i figure out the compressor was the issue.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score

Well, you did not say so I looked up what I could find at RA. These two options say tensioner pulley. The smooth one is identified as the tensioner pulley for the a/c. Is the pulley smooth or grooved, again, you did not say. Plus, if it was me, I would do the whole assembly. Old enough for the bearing to be bad on the pulley, is old enough that the spring tension is not as much as was when new.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I replaced mine with this: 12580196. ($38) But that is indeed the tensioner. I guess you’re trying to get just the wheel that goes on that tensioner?

ETA: actually, after looking again, that part I provided is the pulley only. Maybe that will help. I think @OR VietVet provided both options already above.

OP
OP
DirtDigler

DirtDigler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Yea it's the smooth one. I'll try to turn the compressor , see if that's the culprit. The spring on the tensioner seems pretty strong still. Thanks again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartman