AC Auto 2021 Tahoe Premier

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjobev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This has been my first summer with the vehicle as I bought it last October. There is no doubt the AC blows cold air. However I have noticed times when I get in car on hot day and it seems like the temp blows cold and then blows warmer air like the heat is on. Even blasting on low I feel the temp going up and down. It eventually will freeze you out but that first 10 min or so it just doesn’t seem right.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may have an issue. Mine is cold and strong out of the box. The HVAC system is actually one of this vehicles strong suits I believe. More powerful and effective than any previous vehicles I have owned...

Possibly a temp sensor...

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve noticed a similar thing…after running a bit on a hot day, it will be cold initially then it seems as though it’s warmer when it should be cooler. I agree that maybe a temp sensor or possibly a software algorithm with how it calculates how much cold air to mix in.

For now my trick is notch it down a degree or two and it will get cooler although it’s annoying to have to adjust the controls. I figure that I’ll wait till next spring and see what it’s like, then take it in and have it all checked out.

OP
OP
J

jjobev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do have a moment or two where I worry the AC isn’t working and get annoyed that I am fiddling with the controls. I will sometimes put temp on low but adjust the fan so it is blowing cold air but not at full blast and then adjust back to auto. It seems to figure it out after a little while and then works normally. It can definitely crank out cold air. I agree it seems like the mix of air is off at times. The vehicle is midnight blue with black interior so gets hot when sitting in the sun. I will mention next time I take it in.

AngeloUCF

Reaction score
Came here because I have the same issue. Have you taken it into the dealership? I will have them check it out at my next oil change. It's very frustrating because the BMW I just got rid of had the same issue and my last 2 Yukons never had a problem.

EDIT: btw I have a '21 HC Tahoe

OP
OP
J

jjobev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not done anything about it. I will mention the next time I bring it in. Most days it is coming from my garage or parking garage so I don’t notice all the time. With dark car and interior it gets really hot and the dash stays hot.