About to order 16 LTZ Tahoe...have Questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phantasms

Supporting Member
Reaction score
First post here.

I'm a huge Chevy guy and am about to place an order on a 2016 Tahoe LTZ this week. I had a few questions and was hoping that this was the right place to get some help.

1. Is there anything in general I need to know or be concerned about?

2. Are the 22"s a disaster in the winter? My dealer says they're ok but I'd like to hear user experiences. Last winter I drove a 2015 C7 Z06 Z07 through the winter. I'm hoping the Tahoe will be A LOT better. lol

3. Is there anywhere I can see the new white and new red for 2016 on a Tahoe or Suburban? I'm VERY up in the air on the color. All I know is I don't want black (the vette is black). I may wrap the car or do some type of art car thing with it but in case I don't I want to be happy with the color. Frankly, I wish there was a better selection.

4. That brings me to... is there any way to do a custom color order?

5. I'm between the all black wheels and the black/polished. Any insights there?

6. I'm up in the air if I should get the Borla cutback accessory. Any place I can hear it? Anyone have it and regret it, or visa-versa?

7. What's the best way for me to spec this 2016 since the website isn't changed over yet? I was able to download the 54 page PDF with all the codes in it..etc.

8. Do I need the trailer hitch close out access hole cover? Will there be a gap if I don't order this accessory?

9. Anyone sell blacked out trim pieces or do we have to plastidip them?

10. Anything else you wish you knew before ordering?

11. What's the special code I can put in so I can order the 6.2 with the A8? :jester:

Thank you very much!!!

Best,
Gene

XmQIRR6.jpg

LPCaA8j.jpg

WJK1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Answers below-

First post here.

I'm a huge Chevy guy and am about to place an order on a 2016 Tahoe LTZ this week. I had a few questions and was hoping that this was the right place to get some help.

1. Is there anything in general I need to know or be concerned about?

Check out the new gauge cluster option. Looks pretty sweet.

2. Are the 22"s a disaster in the winter? My dealer says they're ok but I'd like to hear user experiences. Last winter I drove a 2015 C7 Z06 Z07 through the winter. I'm hoping the Tahoe will be A LOT better. lol

I live in Buffalo NY. Drove a Toyota FJ Cruiser past 5 winters. Tahoe was far better this past winter. I have the 22s. I needed 4 whee drive any time we had snow with the Toyota. Rarely needed it on the Tahoe. (It was a bad winter too) Best snow vehicle I have had.

3. Is there anywhere I can see the new white and new red for 2016 on a Tahoe or Suburban? I'm VERY up in the air on the color. All I know is I don't want black (the vette is black). I may wrap the car or do some type of art car thing with it but in case I don't I want to be happy with the color. Frankly, I wish there was a better selection.

Photos are just starting to come through on other threads of the 2016s. I haven't seen the colors you are looking for.

4. That brings me to... is there any way to do a custom color order?

That would be nice :) add it to the wish list.

5. I'm between the all black wheels and the black/polished. Any insights there?

I love all black. So glad I went with it.

6. I'm up in the air if I should get the Borla cutback accessory. Any place I can hear it? Anyone have it and regret it, or visa-versa?

Pretty sure this is in the performance thread.

7. What's the best way for me to spec this 2016 since the website isn't changed over yet? I was able to download the 54 page PDF with all the codes in it..etc.

Make sure you have CarPlay if you have iPhone. Gauge upgrade. Adaptive cruise control. Lane assist. No clue what the codes are. I would skip the retractable running boards if you will be in snow. They freeze up. LTZ should include most of the good stuff.

8. Do I need the trailer hitch close out access hole cover? Will there be a gap if I don't order this accessory?

Yes. Looks unfinished without.

9. Anyone sell blacked out trim pieces or do we have to plastidip them?

This is covered in detail on another thread.

10. Anything else you wish you knew before ordering?

11. What's the special code I can put in so I can order the 6.2 with the A8? :jester:

Wish list!

Thank you very much!!!

Best,
Gene

XmQIRR6.jpg

LPCaA8j.jpg

RD2015

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just stop at your last question...

Get the Denali for the 6.2 and 8 speed. I would have bought a chevy but I wanted these and the $$ aren't that different when compared to a LTZ. Also has all of the goodies in the base offering.

OP
OP
phantasms

phantasms

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Answers below-

Thank you!!! :)

Just stop at your last question...

Get the Denali for the 6.2 and 8 speed. I would have bought a chevy but I wanted these and the $$ aren't that different when compared to a LTZ. Also has all of the goodies in the base offering.

I considered it but I much prefer the looks of the Tahoe. Also I wanted the true 4WD.

Best,
Gene :boti:

techbrute

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Denali has the same 4wd system as the LTZ. 2wd/Auto/4wd High/4wd Low.

OP
OP
phantasms

phantasms

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I understand that I'm wrong and that you're all right. But I love the Tahoe looks and for me the looks of a car are very important. This is primarily a baby hauler for the wife. When I want to go fast I've got an LT4 for that (which I daily drive).

So it's too late. I ordered the inferior vehicle. Shame on me.

Can anyone help with the unchroming process?

Thanks!

Best,

techbrute

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whatever makes you happy... We aren't paying for it. :)

I was just clarifying that the Denali no longer has the different AWD system like in previous generations.

OP
OP
phantasms

phantasms

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whatever makes you happy... We aren't paying for it. :)

I was just clarifying that the Denali no longer has the different AWD system like in previous generations.

Thank you my friend. I definitely had the wrong info on that one. Frankly, I am kicking myself slightly at this point. lol But it is what it is. :)

Best,

ktpinnacle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As long as GM has solved the issues that have plagued some of the 2016s, I'm sure that you (and your wife) will enjoy the new rig. It's the main reason I'm holding off instead of jumping on a heavily-discounted 2015 that are on many lots today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts