A horrid clunk

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a clunking from the rear when i start and stop. Trucks also leaning 1.5" to the right and has a squeek feom the deivers front when i turn the wheel. All related? Dont know yet. I cant find anything so im breaking down and taking it to a mechanic for the first time. So embarrassing

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
Got a clunking from the rear when i start and stop. Trucks also leaning 1.5" to the right and has a squeek feom the deivers front when i turn the wheel. All related? Dont know yet. I cant find anything so im breaking down and taking it to a mechanic for the first time. So embarrassing

Nothing to be embarrassed about. They will be able to diagnose it and make sure your rig is safe. Better than throwing expensive parts at it.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
In late and to bed. Will respond back tomorrow if still on my alerts list or respond back and I will see the alert.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 2 causes most often occurring are U joints or driveshaft yoke. Yoke seems to be worse turning from stop. Fix is nickle plated yoke, 2 Manufacturers, big price difference. There is a post somewhere about The Klunk.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And- Did you ever get it to drive ina straight line? If so, what was fix?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons