A/C problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cvdaddy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone had their compressor quit yet? Noticed yesterday the air wasn't blowing cold and took a look under the hood and the compressor wasn't running. 2007 Denali XL with 166,000. Tried the old paperclip jumper at the dryer. Sounded like the idle changed, but the compressor didn't kick in. Has anyone had to get work done?

OP
OP
C

cvdaddy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update: I read on the net about testing the compressor using a jumper wire at the relay panel under the hood on the driver's side. I didn't see where I could touch the wires, but saw that the fog lights use the same relay. I pulled the fog light and stuck it in the A/C, and the compressor started working. I bought a new relay for $4, and it's working so far.

taylorjm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry. It's better to have a relay wear out when compared to having a fuse blow. When a fuse blows, you always wonder why, and there's a good chance it will happen again. If a relay blows, I'd chock it up to faulty part.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrettS