A/C on and water on passenger floorboard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ClaytonFLong

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’ve tried to find the previous reads on this but I’ll post to see if anyone can help. A/C is on and after about 5 minutes the passenger floorboard is gaining biblical water. Thank goodness for Weather tech floor mates. Checked the drain hole and stuck a hanger in there and nothing came out, so no clog. What is my next step bc it’s hot as hell in NM and the A/C needs to be ran and I’m tired of emptying my floor board after I get to and from work!
Also, how do you change the cabin air filter on a 2013 Tahoe LS?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
You want to be careful sticking a hanger in there. Can damage the evap. Sounds like there is a problem with the drain attachment or case restriction. Unfortunately, unless you can pinpoint problem with bore scope, like @swathdiver said, it is likely gonna require a tear down of the case to inspect and that means evacuating the a/c and unhooking lines and hoses. PITA. Good luck and post results

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Bore scope and horoscope. :Big Laugh::Big Laugh::Big Laugh:

If you see a clog, the type/location of clog would need to be known to determine what is needed to fix.

OP
OP
ClaytonFLong

ClaytonFLong

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah I did some boroscoping and went as far as I could and saw nothing at all and no clogging. I could see the evaporator. I even turned the car on with the boroscope inside and couldn’t see anything. But then I stopped boroscoping and magically it leaked again on the passenger floorboard. Is there anything else that could be done other than taking dash apart, and the evaporator housing?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
At this point, I would think a tear down is in order but you may find problem before is completely tore apart

OP
OP
ClaytonFLong

ClaytonFLong

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone tried Kool-IT evaporator cleaner? Might try that before going the distance of hating myself and tearing apart the dash in pure frustration.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Has anyone tried Kool-IT evaporator cleaner? Might try that before going the distance of hating myself and tearing apart the dash in pure frustration.
How would the cleaner help with a leak? Unless a mold buildup is causing flow problems?