A/c..... grrr

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fabiangmblah

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2001 yukon xl slt.. the a/c in the back blows ice cold the front on the other hand blows warm... blender door works and now I'm left scratching my head...

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2001 yukon xl slt.. the a/c in the back blows ice cold the front on the other hand blows warm... blender door works and now I'm left scratching my head...

Could be a number of things Fabian. Who do you know with a bi-directional scan tool like the Tech-2? It will have the BCM codes as to why it's not working right.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the front and rear are two separate a/c blower units.. it means the compressor is working though

more then likely the controller is bad they made like 3 or 4 revised versions of the controller

OP
OP
F

Fabiangmblah

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
the front and rear are two separate a/c blower units.. it means the compressor is working though

more then likely the controller is bad they made like 3 or 4 revised versions of the controller
I just replaced the control module and it still doesn't blow cold even though the blend door is on cold side..

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
are you checking the right blend door?, have you removed the actuator and felt to see if the door is broken or not inside?

retiredsparky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the blend door is working properly wouldn't you have both heat and cool in the front? Since you said that "the front blows warm" I am assuming that the front blend door has a problem. I think it is safe to say that Freon is in both AC evaporator coils, since the back works ok. It is unlikely that the front coil is clogged. your front blend door probably is not functioning, likely because the door actuator has failed in some way. This is more likely than anything else.

UmmScott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not low on Freon or the back wouldn't work
Not true..

The back unit uses an expansion valve. When the system is low on charge slightly the front will suck and the rear will still seem to be good and cold.
The front unit has an orifice tube and cant adjust. So in a low charge situation, the rear hogs all the liquid refrigerant ergo starving the front.

Pull the charge out... weigh in what's supposed to be in there. Usually around 3 full pounds for front and rear AC and then recheck operation :)

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE

Latest posts