A/C Clutch Front plate - Complete A/C rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

JeanPaul

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So Update on everything!
Got around to doing it all a few days ago! Now I have cold air! Thank goodness!
But now I have a new problem. Front AC works ice cold and my rear AC works, but its only pushing out somewhat coolish air, not cold air.
Thought it was maybe a bad blend door actuator, took everything apart in the back to make sure, but its working just like it should. All the lines were flushed, evaporators where flushed as well. And i had a shop do the evac, vacuum and refill of my AC system. Everything checked out fine, no leaks, held pressure and such.
So now, im kinda lost on whats wrong. My rear air was working perfectly before(not that I even use it very often unless I have friends in the vehicle).
I will mention that when I was doing all the flushing of my evaporators, I cleaned out the little filter screen in the expansion valve in the rear AC as I noticed there was one in there.
Other than that, everything else was replaced with new parts.

Could it be that I just maybe have a bad expansion valve or maybe even a bad evaporator? And its not letting the right amount of refrigerant through? When I suspected it could maybe be the expansion valve I took off all the inside paneling off and was touching the hoses and the hoses are cold where they need to be. (I didnt flush the evaporator with the expansion valve connected fyi)
If thats the case of any of those parts being bad, thats going to suck majorly! Cause I will need to evac and pressure test my system and recharge it again to replace the expansion valve/evaporator which ever is bad.

Any thoughts on anything else I should try first?

afpj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could it be the blend door in the front?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts