99 Yukon Brake line help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CReich

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 99 Yukon Denali 91,000 original miles. Anyway I bought a set of stainless brake lines and am having trouble figuring out where and how they go since the previous owner had them replaced once before with generic straight lines they guy bent himself just to fit. Anyway would anybody have a diagram of the front or could please take a picture and send? I mostly need the front left to the ABS. Thanks!

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Usually have to lift body some to fit wihout splicing new lines. And.... Since you are in a dividing model year, did you get the correct parts? Post vehicle info and part numbers With pic of code list inside glove compartment.

OP
OP
C

CReich

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It's production date was Jan of 2000 so title says 2000 but all the parts I have bought for it that fit are 1999. Just a half ton 4x4 lines are from inlinetube.com I don't think you need the rest of that stuff for a picture.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well then newbie, Since you probably don't know the difference between JB5 or JB6 brakes you don't need my help.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes people dont realize their are different brake systems, they may even look like the other brake system.. I once owned a Pontiac that had 6 different brake systems available from the factory. Sometimes made finding parts a real pain.

In your glove box should be the SPIDF (Service Parts Identification Fact Sheet). See if your truck is built with a JB5 or JB6. It may determine the guage, and diameter, of the brake line.

OP
OP
C

CReich

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well then newbie, Since you probably don't know the difference between JB5 or JB6 brakes you don't need my help.
Member since 2018. And with your attitude I would not want your help.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CReich- So, you've been around and you don't know how this works. I was offering help. Now I'm gone from your rudeness.